Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you get rid of Pet Stains from carpet.

How do you get rid of Pet Stains from carpet.

Dog used carpet for it's can. **** in a few locations, So i never worry about my brother's kids rolling around on the carpet, and like my brothers kids I would also like to get rid of the stains as well. it would really be cool to see them vanish like the dog did. can anyone help?

Re: How do you get rid of Pet Stains from carpet.

Originally posted by cnn7
    Dog used carpet for it's can. **** in a few locations, So i never worry about my brother's kids rolling around on the carpet, and like my brothers kids I would also like to get rid of the stains as well. it would really be cool to see them vanish like the dog did. can anyone help?
    Look in your local store (hardwar/grocery/target-type).. They make and sell carpet cleaners specifically for pet "accicdents" (are they really ever accidents though!?).. That or rent a carpet cleaner and give your rug a good cleaning.. I give my carpets a thorough cleaning once a year... you'ld be amazed at all the **** in there

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

I use a cleaner liquid called "Kids & Pets". It's a 32oz bottle i think. It works great.
    "Control, Alt, Delete"

A Windows user's words to live by.

Thanks I do rent the rug doctor about 1 a year. and yes I was surprised how bad it was. More so the 2nd time when I knew I had just done it a year ago. Whow It's terriable. But I have 3 rug rats also to go with the 2 dogs fish, gunea pig and even a wife. Whew sure makes me tired LOL. I get the cleaner then run over the carpet again. We have done the carpet since they did there job on it and the stains didn't leave. so I thought I would see if any of you had ever tried a good item. Thanks People

eh

get RESOLVE
    its in a red spray bottle, stuff works good

We've found that Resolve tends to leave more of a stain than was there to begin with on our carpet...! We put white carpet in our house when we moved in...then we got two cats and had a baby, so now our carpet looks more like a bad Jackson Pollock painting than a floor.

That OxyClean stuff works pretty well; it almost cleans too good, you might end up with a nice clean spot where you cleaned and discover how dingy the rest of the carpet is.

Rent a steam cleaner (or buy something like a Bissel steam vac). Works great. Plus hearing all that kitty litter rattle around as it gets sucked up is music to my ears....

I use Petzyme which can be found at pet stores and maybe some grocery stores. It's designed for pet messes and works great. I have very light carpet and it's worked great for me. Now if I can find something to ge all of the other stains out.

add some oxy clean to the rug doctor. it does wonders.

Hey Baby Arm, If it's gum or tar or something like that use Goo Gone, (Orange stuff). My son had new white jean shorts on and played with my grease gun in the garage, got it all over himself, I had to rub it in and do it twice but took it all out, not even a slight stain.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Get a bigger sofa!

Thus covering the stain

We ripped up the carpet and replaced it with tile! Much easier to keep clean and smells better too!
    Otherwise there is a product called Odo Ban that the vet's office here uses, it removes the enzmes, the stain and the smell. Sort of like Fabreze, but much stronger. I get it at Sam's, or Walmart.
    Have fun!!

Originally posted by j.m@talk21.com
    Get a bigger sofa!

Thus covering the stain
    I checked around nobody makes a sofa big enough to cover this stain. Kidding

Wife thought this white and red bottled stuff fron lets mart would work, But it didn't, she scrubbed for an hour and when it dried poof ther is was. So I think resolve is our next shot. and we'll be carefull that it don't screw up the carpet. then on down the list here, Thanks to all you for the help

There is another carpet cleaning product sold at Walmart that works really well on spots called Stain Extinguisher by Chem Dry. It comes in a blue can that looks like a fire extinguisher and it really does work! I have several dogs and cats and it always gets the stain out of the carpet and it isn't expensive either. You can get it at Walmart or a commercial cleaning supply store. That is the best place to get cleansers anyway, they have the commercial stuff and it usually is cheaper than at the store. If you can't find it, I'll send you some!!
    Good Luck!

Originally posted by MomHerrmann
    There is another carpet cleaning product sold at Walmart that works really well on spots called Stain Extinguisher by Chem Dry. It comes in a blue can that looks like a fire extinguisher and it really does work! I have several dogs and cats and it always gets the stain out of the carpet and it isn't expensive either. You can get it at Walmart or a commercial cleaning supply store. That is the best place to get cleansers anyway, they have the commercial stuff and it usually is cheaper than at the store. If you can't find it, I'll send you some!!
    Good Luck!
    ditto. Chemdry comes to my house every year or two and cleans all my carpets. Using the chemdry stuff you buy at the store is the next best thing though!

I'd still recommend giving Kids & Pets a try though.

-Matt
    "Control, Alt, Delete"

A Windows user's words to live by.

I start with resolve,
    Move on to chemdry

but resolve should do the job, Our little basset just can't seem to hold it in