Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quiz 4 U

Gotta love the B*tchn Fast 3D2000:P

That would solve all my problems with nVidia's demos now allowing execution on ATI cards Now my problem is just getting a case LONG enough for it Guess it's out of the question for a laptop card?!?!
    Computers and the internet gave you your freedom, don't let TCPA take it away!
    notcpa.org
    againsttcpa.com

Nice to see you here again eagle1

Trying to impress the ladies with old tricks ?

Welp, for the old times I dare you to tell me what this is

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

Gone
    4 voodoo 6's in SUPER SLI.

Ill have to see if If I can find a link I came across before. Maybe you all have seen'em. Its like a rendering station Video center. Its a Server tower with nothing-I mean nothing but Video cards top to bottem all like FireGL's or somthing. And this is hooked into other pc's for the rendering system. One I saw was quoted (just the video tower) over $100,000! Must be for making movies. Anyone else seen these huge video systems.

A way to use up your unused PCI slots?

Wrong answers
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

Originally posted by ND
    Nice to see you here again eagle1

Trying to impress the ladies with old tricks ?

Welp, for the old times I dare you to tell me what this is

Hello again ND!!!

Is that for the PC Platform?

Maybe Matrox prototype boards?
    Last edited by eagle1; 09-30-2003 at 03:55 PM.
    eagle1 signing off.....

Aren't those cards something from Quantum 3D?

Gone
    I havent magnified it but the logos on chips seem to be the 3DFx logo. See how they slant. Its gotta be some fer 3dfx deally.

bob05 got it first and $1500-P4 gamer has good eyes
    It's a Quantum3D Mercury. 3Dfx Voodoo2 PCI x 16, 96MB total RAM

And this is how it could look inside your computer

PCI slots go bye bye

hope I won't get banned for this one

Gone
    "Now that's texture compresion"
    Dunno. Would have to see the before and after effect. How big was she before-they should market it! LOL.

Originally posted by ND
    bob05 got it first......
    YAY! I got it right!

BTW, I emailed Quantum 3D about the AAlchemy QX, the thing that used Voodoo 5 6000 technology. The starting cost is $37,999.

http://www.opengvs.com/products/AAlchemy/aalchemy.html

Gone
    Naw. Thats 37 grand for the ENTIRE rendering system. Not jus tthe cards.

"FEATURES

Dual Intel® Pentium® III or Xeon™ Pentium® 4 processors with up to 8 GB of system memory (single processor option on select models)
    AAlchemy AA5 Realtime 3D Graphics Subsystems combine 4, 8 or 16 3dfx® VSA-100™ graphics accelerators with up to 1 GB of dedicated graphics memory to deliver unmatched realtime 3D performance
    Ruggedized 4U 19" rack-mount chassis with shock mounted disk drives and add-in board retention mechanisms for enhanced shock and vibration immunity
    Support for 2 video output channels per system on select models
    Application transparent T-Buffer-based single-pass, full-scene, sub-pixel anti-aliasing with 4 or 8 sub-samples
    Support for single, double and triple-buffered rendering transparency and chroma-key support
    Support for T-Buffer depth-of-field, motion-blur and depth-of-focus special effects (depending on scene manager)
    Support for up to 9 levels of screen door transparency for fade LOD (depending on model and scene manager)
    Support for per-pixel atmospheric effects with simultaneous OpenGL® V1.2 API-compliant alpha blending and hardware support for non-linear fog table
    Supports perspective correct bilinear, trilinear and selective anisotropic texture filtering with per-pixel LOD MIP mapping with Gouraud modulated, detailed and projected textures
    Sustained independent triangle throughput greater than 1.5 M textured, independent triangles per second (also supports triangle meshes and strips for even higher levels of sustained polygon performance)
    On-chip support for 3dfx FXT1™ (4-bpt) and 3dfx (YIQ) compressed texture formats enables on-board texture storage of up to 128 Megatexels (@ 1280 x 1024 resolution) and peak texture paging rates of up to 528 Megatexels/sec (depending on model)
    Support for high-resolution texture maps (any size, up to 2048 x 2048 texels) for enhanced realism and geospecific mission rehearsal applications

SCALABLE PERFORMANCE"

Thats actually pretty cheap. Look up some more recent ones. Got a mill or two. LOL. The real prob. is no matter the bandwidth and etc. its the core GPU thats holding it back. V5 6000 is DX6 right. 7 tops. In the Dx9 era-aint gonna be much help for making games etc. Still ok for movies and stuff but again -all those nice dx9 features, even dx8 ones arent there. THats gonna hurt its "real time" rendering speed. Newer dx9 capable ones will slaughter it. Member fast yesterday-old school today. Sad but true.

Hehehe Nice one.!

If you want the 3dfx Video Commercials, I think I still have them!
    eagle1 signing off.....