Thread: Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

Are the voodoo 3000 agp cards 1x/2x or 4x? Does anyone know? And is it possible that a card is 1x/2x/4x all in one?
    Desi Verity

Voodoo went the way of the dodo a few years ago now, so I would guess they are 2x max. but that's just a guess mind you. all agp cards are backwards compatible.

I hear they are backwards compatible, but something about not the 8x card, or was it the 8x board? Something to do with 8x and other ratings not even fitting in the board.
    Desi Verity

AGP on the voodoo line was pretty useless. The only one that actually took any advantage of the AGP interface was the V4 4500. It was 4X and most cards are backward compatible. The Voodoo 3 was 2X and just about every board on the market supports 2X.

With all that said, you should buy a new card.
    yo trick, why you so **** doofus?

Oh I'm just building a couple PII systems for my home for middle aged gaming, and Im having trouble with my motherboards I believe. They may both be ruined.
    Desi Verity

A Voodoo3 is essentially PCI66 run through an AGP slot. It requires a board that supports AGP 1.0 (1x/2x) and its 3.3v AGP signalling. A number of cards can support AGP 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, theoretically allowing any mode to work, but the Voodoo cards are very limited and not really AGP.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

Thanks, with that said, I know the problem is now down to the RAM or the boards themself. The RAM is brand new so I'm leaning toward the boards being defective. Thanks alot for the info guys!
    Desi Verity