Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Convert Radeon 9800NP ---> 9800 Pro

Spot would you save the Gigacube BIOS and email it to me anyway?

I have several people who want to try it, but I'll tell them to look at your post first.

378/317 is what i got my card to out of the box. 5199 on 3dmark03 ran perfect no artifacts been on it all day playing mmopg. i might throw my zalman hs on it

This will sound a little bit retarded but how do I boot from the floppy? Everytime I restart, it asks me to remove the floppy. I can't even get into my setup anymore, can anyone help?

Just curious if you can tell which Sapphire cards have this type of high speed ram. Reason for asking because I'm looking at the non pro 9800 from overclockers.co.uk which states it's speeds as :- 325MHz Engine Clock. 580MHz Memory Clock. Can you tell from the 580MHz memory speed wether this has high speed ram without calling them up?

T

Originally posted by Terminator
    Can you tell from the 580MHz memory speed wether this has high speed ram without calling them up?

T

No because the 580 is the effective "doubling" of the memory (DDR = double data rate), which means that divided by 2 is 290, which is the stock memory speed of a non-pro, which tells you nothing about the brand of memory chip being used.

Ultimate Member
    If anyone has a BBA 9800 using samsung ram and has successfully flashed to the 9800 Pro bios, I would really like to know. I will be aquiring a BBA 9800 non-pro for free and it uses 3.3ns samsung ram. If I can turn it into a PRO, that would be GREAT!

?

Do the newer BBA 9800's have the samsung chips or do the older ones have them? Best buy has the BBA 9800 for 250 on their website btw.

There's no way to tell, but it seems that most BBA cards have the infineon memory, unless it's a BBA pro, in which case it should be samsung.

Ultimate Member
    If i were you i would stay away from BBA and stick to Sapphire for the purpose of this mod, as Sapphire are the only manufacturer i know of who use Samsung exclusively on their card, wheras if you go BBA your prollies more likely to pick up a card with Infineon ram which cant be modded

--Jakk

I just tried this and it said that the bios' don't match and asked me if i wanted to force the bios change, is this a normal message? Its right after I enter -p 0 98-8004.bin...

Ultimate Member
    What card you using?

--Jakk

I was just wondering if there was any way of telling what kind of memory chips are installed on the Sapphire 9800 without actually opening up the box and seeing. Maybe a model number or product code or anything? Because if you bought the card retail, how would u know without actually purchasing it and opening it?

Ultimate Member
    Sapphire 9800 Atlantis non-pro, non-SE

thats all you need, they all (up to present anyways) coem with the Samsung RAM needed for the mod

--Jakk

i asked them to open the box up at the store so i could look

still i only found the 3.0 ram but its running pretty oc'ed atm

so which mem is the best for flashing and oc'ing? 2.8? I guess I can't go into the store and start opening all the boxes to check.. or can I..? Guess I probably have to leave it to chance.