Thread: Creating an invoice with automatic cells

Creating an invoice with automatic cells

Can somebody tell me how I can make a webpage that show a pull-down menu of all the products I have and when you choose a product next to it the price show up automatically?
    It should really not be that tough but I have not been able to find how to do it.
    If possible the lower cell should calculate the toal so the customer can have the total invoice emailed to them.

Thank you!

Futzel

I'm not sure it is practical, how many items do you have? You would have to carry around the item and it's price.

it is possible, head to javascript.internet.com and have a look at the linking combo-boxes in Navigation aids.

It all depends on the number of items you have, for instance if you have one or two you could have layer's and rollover images stacked but anymore and that idea is unfeasible...

Stefan
    Stefan

I got about 50 items.

Thank you!

Futzel

DocEvi1:

I checked the website but did not find anything like what I am looking for.
    Can you direct me to the exact tool please?

Thanks a ton,
    Futzel

Can you direct me to the exact tool please?
    er, ah, no. as it, dne, doesn't exist. you get screwdriver (not phillips) and hammer.

the reason is simple as:

I can make a webpage that show a pull-down menu of all the products I have and when you choose a product next to it the price show up automatically?
    if one can show products, one can show product + price in dropdown listbox.

i.e. modification is required to the scripts. I have seen this before but it's not a usual thing that is done often hence no generic free scripts exist...

50 items is on the verge of thinking of something else however. I wouldn't appreciate, correction I wouldn't have appreciated (i have broadband now ) having to load that sort of information over my really slow dialup.

Stefan
    Stefan

But how can I make an automated invoice work?
    I cannot afford credit card payments over the net and I want people to be able to choose the product and then have an invoice created that shows price per product and totoal so that they can send a checke in.

Any comments?

But how can I make an automated invoice work?
    I cannot afford credit card payments over the net and ...
    if one can't afford CC payments, one should not try online automated invoicing. just, rule of commerce?

simply, can you manually make an invoice? point of sale, like?

why not use some sort of online cataloging system?

I know of a few different systems that use an exterior payment company to take & control credit card details but have the stock info on their site.

I have a feeling the external company will take a cut but it won't be that much!

Stefan
    Stefan

Re: Creating an invoice with automatic cells

Originally posted by Futzelman
    Can somebody tell me how I can make a webpage that show a pull-down menu of all the products I have and when you choose a product next to it the price show up automatically?
    It should really not be that tough but I have not been able to find how to do it.
    If possible the lower cell should calculate the toal so the customer can have the total invoice emailed to them.

Thank you!

Futzel
    I am not entirely sure what you want to do, but it should not be hard to do using DHTML and JavaScript.

You should have a DIV or TD where you want to display the price. Once something is selected, just put a price in that DIV or TD using the innerText object.

<DIV id="myprice"></DIV>

In javascript function called when you click or select something have a line like this.
    myprice.innerText = '$24.95';

Of course you would want to pass a variable of the price and not have it hardcoded like I showed above.
    Without Bush, a lot of people would still be alive........