Thread: delay in my gaming

delay in my gaming

Hi all,

Here's another question i have with regard to Counterstrike...with my TI 4600, when i crank up the visual effects (texture sharpening enabled, image settings to quality, AA to 4XS, Ansiotropic to 8X), something very interesting happens....

...say i'm in the game, and i move the mouse quickly to once side to turn the character's head...it takes a half a second before i see the head movement on the screen...say i fire the gun, again, it takes a half a second to display the gunshot...the audio of the gunshot comes up right away, but all the video display with respect to my keyboard/mouse inputs is a half a second slow!

I would think that if the vid card coudln't handle the rendering, it would run low fps, not run delayed...the framerate seems fine, just everything is delayed...does any of this make sense? let me know, thanks again

Doesn't sound like your vid card. What is your system specs?
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

that happened to me also, you must be playing on D3D go to openGL mode and it will go away, otherwise turn off mouse filtering and u should be ok

system specs:

2700+
    768 RAM
    TI 4600
    Gigabyte K7-Triton Ultra KT400
    140 GB HDD
    Integrated AC'97 Audio

When i try to run Counterstrike in OpenGL, the game will not load...i wonder why??

hmmmmm well that's definately peculiar... I did the same thing to my Ti 4200 128mb card, and there was no delay anywhere in the game. You might need to reinstall the game to make sure that none of the data packets have gotten corrupted... one code out of place and the entire program screws up!

What ever happened to the good ole days of pong when life was simple? LOL!

compooter, madpistol,

after a reboot, i was able to open counterstrike in OpenGL...it seems to run stable...for now...lol thank for the advice once again all