Thread: problems with shuttle AK32A

problems with shuttle AK32A

I bought a new shuttle motherboard a few months ago to build another computer. Its the AK32A with what was suppose to have the VIA AC97 audio chipset on it. As I was loading the necessary drivers, I got to the driver for sound,and I got the following message "VIA AC97 AUDIO CHIPSET IS NOT FOUND ON THIS SYSTEM. I have been trying to find answers on the shuttle website but they dont like to give me access to the usa website for some reason(site down?). Also I do have a "help" note off to the internet site I bought the mother board from, but after months of sitting on the shelf I wouldnt blame them if they would be reluctant to help. Guess my question is has anyone with this type of motherboard, or have come across this problem and fixed it.
    thanks for any help,
    red

Have you installed the VIA 4in1 drivers first?

Is the AC'97 codec enabled in BIOS?
    MS MCP, MCSE

yes to both of your questions bill....thanks for the reply.

after several failed attempts to load the driver off of the shuttle motherboard CD for the AC97 audio, I went through "my computer" ,properties....etc... and clicked on update driver for my sound. I was able to insert my win98SE CD and pull off what I hope is a good driver for my AC'97. Why I kept gettiing that message before, I dont know. Maaybe software related?

Again thanks for trying to help bill...

The AC97 codec still requires the Windows media drivers. It sounds like setup was skipping the part where it asks for the Windows CD.
    MS MCP, MCSE