Thread: Epson Stylus Color 777 printer

Epson Stylus Color 777 printer

Hey guys i was just wodering if any of you guys knew anything about the Epson printer that i listed on the subject. I found it at Best Buy for $79 and from what i saw on the test print and the price, it looks like a very good buy. If anyone knows and pro's or Cons to this printer or Epson themselves i would really appreciate the input.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 700. While a good printer, it is very noisy. You might want to check one of those 777's in action.

it made the top 5 on CNET: http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0...5882-7-1618214

I saw it for about the same price at MicroCenter.

Ultimate Member
    If you're stuck on that printer, be aware that it leads the pack on ink consumption and needs specialty paper to do decent photo work.

still it's an OK printer, just get it here for $62.38->> http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/i...customer_id=19

If the budget allows, a much cheaper printer to operate, faster, and has higher photo quality is the Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 895Cse Color Inkjet Printer.

Using the www.techbargains.com $20 off coupon(expires July 2nd)(more coming) Get it at www.staples.com for $116.00 inc Tax, free s&h

I've sold about 5 of them with no complaints from customers(a good sign)

Staples is shipping the more expensive 895cxi instead of the cse version, the cxi has some software improvement , I heard at HP.com

Bought a 777 for the kids a few months back based upon extremely good luck with two older Epson color ink jets. For the money it a darn hard machine to beat! But yes it is an ink hog. On the other hand, it prints glorious color even in the lower resolution modes. Since the kids 777 is on a network, I've been using it exclusively. Printing photos on glossy paper in the hi res mode just about knocks your socks off. By the way, the three kids are age 5, 8 and 10 and so far the've not been able to destroy it.

hey thanks for the replies guys and i went ahead and bought the printer yesterday. Again thanks for the input.