Thread: i just bought a barton athlon xp 2500 plus whats a normal temp

i just bought a barton athlon xp 2500 plus whats a normal temp

Got rid of my 1800+which idled at 41-43c, but now my new Barton Athlon 2500+ is at 49-50 idle was wondering why. I have a Vantec Areoflow on it. I also lowered my votage as low as I could.With a load on the cpu it doesn't seem to go mutch higher than 51c. (ps this baby overclocks like crazy ids as a 2800+) the above temps are with cpu stock not overclocked.

Ultimate Member
    40 and lower depending on my fan setting. I have the Aero 7+.

Gone
    Max Ive hit so far is 41c. Vantec Aeroflow and 2500+.

I've greased a thousand of these things and still don't know the correct formula. Try regreasing it.
    AMD Opty 165 2900 actual mhzzzzzz's
    Assrock 939dualSata

regreased and no luck

Tried reinstalling the heatsink and added a copper shim for good measure and same temps 48-50C. I think those temps won't hurt the chip but I gess it must be the way this thing gonna run. Thx for the advice, Its just strange my xp 1800+ ran mutch cooler,and my tbird ran almost the same as the Barton.

Fixed it

Thx found the problem it was a pc alert 4 it was reading the Bios temps wrong about 6 degrees higher.

the same thing with my barton 2500. it runs around 47 to 48 stock settings at idle. It inly goes up a few degrees with a load on it though so liek you said, I guess Ill have to live with it. Although I was hoping to have it like the rest of these guys say 39, to 41 would have been sweet. And your right, it overclocks nice. Mine is at 2.2ghz and thats WITH 2100 DDR. Hehe its a mixmatch of 1 gig ram and the 512 chip I have is generic. I dont know which im more impressed with , my new barton or my cheap old ram.