Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Overheating" XP 2400

Balance the fan flow. I like just one 80mm blowing out and one in - on the side or front. If you cause overpressure or a vacuum, the temps will rise and you'll get dust buildup.
    This is good advice. AMD recommeds the same on their website. Glad your CPU is OK.

Suposidly the Aero7+ has a redisigned clip that wouldn't block the ram slots. The normal Aero7 is worse. The new and improved clip sucks to though . I have an Aero7+ as well and it is much quieter than my old volcano9 even with the fan on high.

I personaly like more air in than out because if you have more air out the case will suck air in through the cracks, pulling in all the dust settled there. if you have more air in you push air through the cracks pushing the dust away from the case.
    Also don't forget your psu fan, it counts as a fan too. So when your case has 1 fan in and 1 fan out it really has 1 fan in and 2 fans out (one case and one psu). Although we could debate the airflow topic for years.

I can only speak for the A7V333. The clip does block the first RAM slot on this board. Reversing it was easy, though and the heatsink sure works better in the right direction (50C vs 90C).

As for airflow, there is definitely some kind of vacuum going on in my case and now I'm suspecting it may be related to the 2nd psu fan on the enermax power supply which blows out in the direction of the cpu. Other than that there are only 2 1500 rpm 120 mm case fans, one on the front and the other on the back of the case and the cpu fan which is inside a plastic shroud. The new case is quieter than the full tower chieftec monster with 5 80mm case fans I had before but the mobo temps have climbed by 5 degrees C and the cpu temp has gone up by around 10 just by being in this case. The Aero 7+ and AX-7 are really close in terms of performance. What I noticed is really hot air blowing out of the rear of the power supply. Perhaps I should try disabling the fan that blows on the cpu. It seems like overkill with the Aero 7+ anyway. Which quiet single fan power supplies do people like? Any advice from case modders is most welcome.