Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: if you had the money will u get an apple?

Originally posted by Dracas
    Sure, I'd go for an Apple Powerbook if I had the Cash (and already had a pc) I really like Apples Mobile platform, and OSX is definately better than windows.

All aside, you can't play CS on a frikken laptop to begin with, gotta think platform and all.

Though, a powerbook with a FX2Go processor would be nice
    I don't like to disagree with ya a lot, especially in the community section, but Half-Life is a really old game, and most Mobility chips can run it, the Radeon 9000 can run it easily.

Originally posted by homer_simpson

I have a friend who has one of these, its the best computer i've seen so far

Yea, if I had to buy one, I would get an alienware.

Otherwise than that. Heck, I would get solid glass isntead of pexiglass for my case. And have my monitor and optical drive faceplates paintied to match as well as my keyboard/mouse and speakers (new covers ofcoarse, but will get other speakers, these are going to be thrown out in a while.

Nope, I would use the cash wisely. Well that depends if you are my wife or me.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

NO

ROFLMFAO

Love the new Avatar Jakk, still tittering over that one
    Your'e easily ammused

JD

Originally posted by homer_simpson

I have a friend who has one of these, its the best computer i've seen so far
    Alienware. Man they are so cool. Bit on the expensive side though

Alienware schpalianwear - I built my machine from scratch: it's clear plexiglass, watercooled and has funky lighting. I've put a uv additive in the water, so the cooling pipes glow. Being clear, you can see right through it so I've got heatsinks on everything and the wires are very neat. It's only got 3 fans and those are low noise so it's quiet as anything. It is oc'ed to 3.3GHz has a Radeon 9800 Pro and 800 FSB. It probably cost me less than the price of a new G4 and I have the satisfaction of knowing the machine inside out. I'd also wager that it looks as good as an alienware box and would blow it and a G4 out of the water in terms of performance.

hey

yeah but im talking about laptops , but still cool
    thanks all you guys

lol - well make your own laptop then.

Man, the Mac took quite a bashing in this thread didn't it?

As well it should.

like I said IF I had to buy one, Alienware looks good. I build my own.

Macs suck!

Btw, who deleted the other thread about macs? I guess a mod didn't like my post, lol.

All aside, you can't play CS on a frikken laptop to begin with, gotta think platform and all.

I'm going to assume that you DON'T mean Counter-Strike - because that game could be played on a palm-pilot of todays specs!

And don't think there's ANYTHING that you can play on a desktop . . .or anything else for that matter. . . that can't be played on a laptop. Laptops are far less than one generation behind desktops. You might not be able to play with all the fancy DX9 eye candy (this month anyway) - but you can play. Might cost you - but you can do it.

As far as Mac . . . they're pretty and. . . . . uh. . . .hmmm. . . I like the commercial where the computer is mimicking the guy in the shop window. Mac is 100% proprietary --> no fun. I might go for a Mac if I made a living in graphic art, since that is one place they're known to excel, but you can still do all that on a PC and the hardware (and even software in most cases) is much cheaper.

memot-

Yes, I would buy an Apple G4 laptop w/17" screen and 1GB RAM! I think that OS X - Panther would be the ultimate OS for that laptop. I've used both Apples and PCs and IMHO, both Apples and PCs have their place in the computing world, so I really have to say that it all depends on what I want to do, that would dictate which platform I would run! I think that we should all keep an open mind when it comes to systems and OSes since they all have their place and specific uses for!

LPTECH

My friend thinks I'm the devil because I have a PC and he is an avid Mac fan. I say to you now, what I've said to him - "Macs are for arty wankers".