Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gaming ?

I heard PS 3 is coming out soon.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

The last I heard they are planning something for that empty bay on the PSII.

I'd go for a PC... I can't imagine myself playing Starcraft (which for me, is the Best RTS Game ever) on a console game. The controls are just so much easier on a keyboard-mouse-gamepad setup than just a gamepad setup no matter what type of game you are playing.

Ultimate Member
    PS3 is gonna be a while from what i recall yet, due to soem of the technology being implemented in it. As for the Xbox, dont seem to be doign fantastically well in the far east and MS seem to be gettign their knickers in a twist about it

--Jakk

I am going to start checking out the gaming for the pc the flight simulator sounds interesting. I guess I will have to build a pc with a lot of muscle! If only they could get the bus speeds up that would be nice.

I don't care if anyone believes me or not, but I like ALL platforms. Great games across all platforms and I'm not missing any of them. It's an expensive habit but it's fun as hell....

one more vote for pc
    the graphics are better than on any console

I've found that unless you're really willing to trick out your PC, that consoles offer smoother and better gaming experiances, (TV screens cover a multitude of low-res sins) however, I think that it's worth the effort to invest in nice hardware for your computer. Theres nothing better feeling then hitting over 100 FPS on UT2K3 cranked up to 1600x1200 with the higest settings. Plus I think that because of the interfaces available, computer is a better choice for varity. Also, RTS's only work on PC.

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Originally posted by homer_simpson
    one more vote for pc
    the graphics are better than on any console

i guess you have never played an xbox on a 60" HDTV?

The best graphics on a console is what you can get on an Xbox, which is roughly the same level as a Geforce3.

Computers give you higher resolutions, AA and AF, and all the rest. An Xbox on a 60" HDTV may look really impressive, but you have distance to help smooth out the jaggies. It's not the same quality as a high end graphics card can produce. Not at all.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

I wish you guys could come play a little Unreal II on the new 1700+@2.3ghz I just built for my rich $*(#)$* $*(#$* friend. He's got a projector in his room instead of a monitor! (I tried to look but he doesn't know where it's mounted and I couldn't figure it out so oh f'in well the picture is INCREDIBLE) Toss in the wireless keyboard and mouse and it's perfect.
    -"Don't touch that!!!!!" -ZAPPPPP!- Hehe yet another excuse to upgrade-

Originally posted by Rugor
    The best graphics on a console is what you can get on an Xbox, which is roughly the same level as a Geforce3.

Computers give you higher resolutions, AA and AF, and all the rest. An Xbox on a 60" HDTV may look really impressive, but you have distance to help smooth out the jaggies. It's not the same quality as a high end graphics card can produce. Not at all.

DUDE! The xbox goes up to a 1600x1200 res on a hdtv! With AA!.

The Xbox just runs at the same internal precision all the time and scales it up or down based on the actual resolution of the screen. It's not the same as a computer's high resolutions, the precision isn't there.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

Ultimate Member
    and i sunno bout you guys but i dont know anyone at all who owns a HDTV

--Jakk

And I think that it's cheaper to get an ATI 9800 Pro, a 23 inch monitor and run at 1600x1200. (you could always hook that up to your HDTV if you're god or something.)

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.