Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gaming ?

Gaming ?

Which system is best Sony Playstation II, XBox, or PC DeskTop?

I choose PC instead.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

PC for sure

I tried out PS 2 and the games are not that impressive.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Ultimate Member
    PC by a mile or fifty

--Jakk

For gaming and gaming only? PS2.

I am not a gamer but I do buy gaming products for my Daughter and it seems to me that the actual game products would be better because they are built for this and have been 64 bit for a while.

I 'm going to look deeper into this because I haven't really looked at the actual guts of the gaming system as far as processor's, buses and such.

I guess what got my attention is that I see people paying a lot for video cards that seem illogical to me at this point and these high priced video seem to directed strictly towards gaming.

But if I can see where the pc is better for gaming then I am going to switch. I have purchased all the current game systems Playstation II, Xbox, and the game cube but haven't really tried any real games on the pc yet.

This is a question with no real answer, it all depends on what you like best. I personally like both so I have both a PC and a PS2. There are just some games that you can get for a System that you cant get for a PC, and it's the other way around.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Originally posted by gibsinep
    This is a question with no real answer, it all depends on what you like best. I personally like both so I have both a PC and a PS2. There are just some games that you can get for a System that you cant get for a PC, and it's the other way around.
    Surly it has an answer when you get into performance of the system as far as graphics and speed.

I guess the main point I'm getting at is, to me a pc isn't actually designed for gaming. Therefore, going out and spending the amount of money for these high end video cards just to be able to play a different game is highly illogical to me.

You can buy an Xbox or Playstation II and 4 or 5 games for the price of one video card. Now if there is a big difference in performance then that's a different story and if there is then I would invest in the necessities for gaming on the pc. I guess I need to look into the specs a little deeper. How ever, I do understand where you are coming from as to the different games I guess that's why I have bought a PlayStation II, Gamecube, and the Xbox.

It's just the part of the high cost of the video cards and the rest of the things that go along with it. Of course I could be a little strange though because I also find the human activity of dancing highly illogical as to all the wierd movements that are made during the activity that seem to have no real purpose.

I guess as Jim Morrison said People are strange.

Thanks for your Input. Appericate it.
    Last edited by mrrobotto; 07-28-2003 at 01:04 PM.

All the systems are relatively fast. PC plays at higher resolution though and can be upgraded which consoles can't but then again the cost of a good video card is the cost of a whole console system.

I'd say its about the games. Certain systems have certain games that people like. For example there are almost no side scrolling fighting ninja anime games on PC but there are tons of them on consoles. If you like cartoony mario type games you will only find them on gamecube. If you like dungeons n dragons type rpgs PC is the way to go while anime rpgs are mostly on console. Its really hard to say which one is better. If you are going by pure muscle then PC wins hands down if you have a fast rig.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Thanks for the Input. Well one think I have to take into consideration is virtual reality that is available with the pc and isn't with the console's or as I know of.

Has anybody had any experience with virtual reality? is it any good? I have seen it on TV but never have had the opportunity to check it out.

I've played VR games and its not that great yet. The ones I've played have yet to impress me.

XBOX and PC. PS2 you can turn it side ways and use it as a book holder, or a dor stop.

The XBox is so big you could use it as the door
    I agree with the point about expense - if I had neither a PC nor a console and wanted to just play games, a console for a couple of hundred or less would be the sensible choice. Unless you play flight simulators, in which case a PC is your only real option.

Yeah the xbox is big but out of the console's it seems to be the best with graphic's. I' m thinking about starting gaming with the pc. This is why I posted this question to get the experienced people's opinion's on what's, what because I am a newborn in this area.