Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doom III what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this about

Doom III what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this about

I want every one to email this Bunch of %#@!!@# 52#%$#%$#$% sorry about that, but really, this is way out of line, how can they do this, I know this is posted, but I figure im mad so ill post this story, do they not understand how hard it is on us, they just dont care, I need a Hug, and know not a Date

Jul 23, 3:56 pm ET

By Ben Berkowitz
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - There was good news this week for Martian zombies and bad news for the people who love to kill them.

"Doom III," one of the most heavily anticipated PC games ever and a virtual slaughterfest for the interplanetary undead, will not be released this year, the game's publisher said Tuesday.

Buried in video game publisher Activision Inc.'s (ATVI.O) quarterly conference call on Tuesday was that bad news for hard-core game junkies and others.

A decade ago "Doom" revolutionized PC gaming with its intense graphics. The latest game in the franchise, "Doom III," has been the subject of heavy anticipation ever since creators id Software acknowledged the game was in development.

But when Activision's president, Ron Doornink, told analysts "for planning purposes, we're assuming Doom III will come out in the fourth quarter," he shot down those hopes.

Activision's fourth quarter is the period ending March 2004, meaning the game will not be on shelves for Christmas. As recently as last month, retailers like GameStop Corp. (GME.N) were taking pre-orders expecting a Nov. 15 release.

"I can't honestly say it'll be a surprise to anybody," said Rob Smith, editor of PC Gamer magazine. "Basically, the fans out there will sit back and say: 'Yeah, we were expecting that and we'll hang tight."'

The game's developer, id Software, is known for its painstaking development efforts. The company's design guru, John Carmack, is considered a visionary in video game circles whose work has changed the way games look and feel.

At last year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, a video-only preview of "Doom III" drew legions of fans. The title subsequently won a number of critics' awards, including "Best of Show."

Games like "Doom III" are so intensive that they play best only on top-of-the-line computers, and some hardware makers have been hopeful that the launch of "Doom" would give them a boost.

Graphics chip designer Nvidia Corp. (NVDA.O) has been pushing its top processor, the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, as the best for the new "Doom."

"When we first designed this architecture, we designed it for 'Doom III,"' Nvidia spokesman Brian Burke said in May.

With "Doom" now off the calendar for this year, a rising competitor looks set to steal its thunder.<--ATI any body

At this year's E3 show, many fans queued up for a preview of "Half-Life 2," also a sequel to a legendary first-person shooter game, from developer Valve. It is scheduled for a September release, according to various retailers' Web sites.

You know, I actually don't mind games being delayed. I wouldn't want them to release an unfinished product, gotta work out all of the kinks. Like blizzard for instance, constantly delay's games, but in the end their product is far superior. Less bugs = More enjoyment. There's just way too many games out there to play anyhow, gives me time to finish some of the others I have until D3 arrives.

I have to agree with Solkin on this one. I've beta tested several games before and it is most frustrating when games are released prematurely for whatever reason.

Get it right the first time and it will steamroll. Doom III is so hyped and has a ton of bloodthirsty fans waiting in the wings for it, that any delay isn't going to take away from its release sales.

nothing worse than a game that needs endless patches to become playable, best wait and hope they get it right.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

Just look at Warcraft 3! It took 2 years or so for the game to be released. Well! Everyone waited patiently for the game to be released and now the expansion pack is out. I think we better sit tight and wait for Doom 3 to come out.

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

I just hope HL2 will come out by the end of september
    regards,

the xenon

I think we are all hoping for it to come out, god if they dont let that come out, where are F*****, I think I speak for alot of people when i say, we want a good game to come out, and come out soon, they have to bring out something to make my blood run wild, but I have yet to see a game to do so.

Originally posted by CrazyCrusher
    I think we are all hoping for it to come out, god if they dont let that come out, where are F*****, I think I speak for alot of people when i say, we want a good game to come out, and come out soon, they have to bring out something to make my blood run wild, but I have yet to see a game to do so.
    September, Half-Life 2.

Ultimate Member
    Funny, i was thinking tuther day, im off on my summer Hols ATm and there has always been a game of the summer for me. In 99 it was Half-Life, a couple years back it was RTCW and SS and last year it was mafia. This year however theres absoloutley nothing to grab my interest for a few weeks straight and it doesnt look liek there will be...until after my holidays over...bugger

--Jakk

thank god that there is CS
    regards,

the xenon

Ultimate Member
    CS got old far too long ago though

--Jakk

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    CS got old far too long ago though

--Jakk

here here

Originally posted by Optimus Prime

September, Half-Life 2.
    yep it looks that way for me, I was hoping to have DoomIII in my comp b4 HL2 but there both going to be good games so I guess HL2 is going to break in my newly built comp b4 DoomIII.

just wanted to say i heard something about a doom3 leak. i dont think we can talk about it tho under the license agreement for sysopt

Ultimate Member
    There was an alpha leak loooong ago

--Jakk