Thread: temp ok for watercooling?

temp ok for watercooling?

Just a check I think its a bit too high.

My pump and waterreservoir are 1 and the same. The watertemp there is 36 C, my CPU is 46 C (which is higher than with my slk 900) is that normal or should the cpu have the same temp? BTW after the pump it goes through the radiator first which is at 35 C

maybe it should be lower than the usual, and much lower when running at full load....

Re: temp ok for watercooling?

Originally posted by aDivXLoVe

My pump and waterreservoir are 1 and the same. The watertemp there is 36 C, my CPU is 46 C (which is higher than with my slk 900) is that normal or should the cpu have the same temp? BTW after the pump it goes through the radiator first which is at 35 C
    Which watercooling system/components are you using?
    What CPU do you have and is it at full load?

Hmmm.... I don't see why you have the radiator connected to the pump first, it would be advised to put the pump then CPU then Radiator then back to the pump.

Depending on what type of watercooling system you have, if it's a good one it usually should be cooler than a copper heatsink and fan.

Ultimate Member
    Alex... by having the pump exhaust to the radiator, you're giving a chance for the water to be cooled from the pump's heat before entering the CPU block.

Best arrangement: Pump->Radiator->CPU block->Back to pump

This of course is unless the pump is very weak.

Now aDivXLove, what system ARE you using? Entry-level ones won't do much better than an SLK900u.

Re: temp ok for watercooling?

Originally posted by aDivXLoVe

I told you watercooling wouldn't be worth it with the tiny radiators you insisted on using. Those temps are high for a watercooled system if performance is an object.
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

I'm watercooled using a small ish radiator (size of the 120mm fan), i have the dangerden maze3 waterblock and the rest is innovatek kit, my idle temps are around 29C and under load 35C thats with a P4 2.0Ghz overclocked to 2.8Ghz at stock voltage.

if your water is 30C then your chip shouldnt be much more!?
    make sure the waterblock is seated correctly, it may be worth taking it off, cleaning the bottom of the block and the top of the cpu with something then re-applying some artctic silver and re-seating together.

Also, see if you can move the radiator/fan to a better location, some say that attaching the radiator outside gives better results or make sure the fan is sucking in cold air and not warm.
    take a look at some real hardware mods:

www.condoms.co.uk

good water cooling should keep ur cpu 1 or 2 degrees above room temp at stock speeds.