Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DELL Dimension 8100 overclocking??

DELL Dimension 8100 overclocking??

I have a 1.5mhz cpu i wanted to know if there is a way to unlock the cpu settings and overclock it to about 2.0mhz in the bios.
    I tryed fsb but it doesnt seem ne different is there ne other way plz someone help me out thnx!!

bro, i'm new to overclocking, but i'm slowly getting into it before i jump in,

i have the same computer, and i just installed a 2.6GHz cpu....by using an adapter that lets you use socket 478 cpus on socket 423 mobo.

but what i would like to know,
    how did you speed up the fsb? mine runs currently at 100, which is ****, so how did you do it? and up to what speed??

dell ocing

well i dunno about you but i got my dell optiplex from 2.0ghz to 2.8ghz by fsb ocing and i used cpufsb 2.2.11 just gotta look for the clock genorator chip, it looks something like this http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/IWill/P4HT-S/clock.jpg
    and copy the number off it and match it to the ICS catogory
    mine was 950219

OEMs (Dell, Gateway, etc) recieve motherboards that have overclocking and other advanced BIOS features disabled, because the average person would set something wrong, fry it, and want a new computer. Your only hope is to use a software program like xDownSetx did to overclock. I wouldn't do this because OEM computers don't have great system cooling, and you really need that for overclocking. Be warned, if you kill something, you will have to replace it yourself.

I dont think you can overclock a dell? if you can I would love to know how, I have a dell and would love to over clock it, but as some one just saud the BIOS is locked, and i honestly dont think you can do it, but please if you do know how tell me

A program like what xDownSetx used or softfsb might work for you.

the Comp I have at home is a Dell 4400 is that overclockable with this software?

A program like what xDownSetx used or softfsb mightwork for you.

Originally posted by CrazyCrusher
    the Comp I have at home is a Dell 4400 is that overclockable with this software?
    i dunno ill look around and see if the clock genortor chip is supported but im pritty shure you can, try to get the maker and # on the chip and post it here and ill cheak for you

cool, ill do that, I was waiting on you yo get back to the post, seems you know what ur doing, ill get the # on the chip for you and post it, thanks a mill.

i have CPUFSB 2.2.11 and the PLL is ICS 950201 is on the list but when its slected in Frequency to set not used is in there is there anyway to fix or go around this?
    -FingerAdrenaline

I have a dell Dimension 8100 2.0Ghz...would it be worth it to just register the full version of CPUcool?? It's only 13 dollars, and if it'll push some extra performance outta my comp, I think it'd be worth it. did you really get 2.8Ghz from a 2.0 xDownsetx, and it runs stable??

you can download it and not regerster
    -FingerAdrenaline

dreamwalker, if your up to spending a little money, you could go and get yourself a better mobo that has all the setting available to you without having to get a program, and besides, i think bios ocing is a little better anyways.

yeah, I was going to do that anyways...but I also need a new PS, and plus my Pll isn't supported anyways ...new board for me : Now I just gotta decide what to buy.. Asus or Abit???