Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Consrole game would you buy?

Which Consrole game would you buy?

After a while of those 3 consrole came out. PS2, X-Box, Gamecube.

Which one would you choose to buy? I don't want to hear "I like PS2 they smoke Game cube" and all that ****.

I only want to hear why would u buy it? Graphic? variety of games? Overall? Price?

Also is there a site that review those 3 consrole?

Ultimate Member
    Gamecube. Why one asks?

The PS2 and Xbox are loaded with **** games, those few games that really are standout excellent 9 times out of 10 rend up either on PC first or at a later date (although in some cases MUCH later *cough* Halo *cough*)

With the GC however the titles are all more or less original to the platform, again however a lot of em are mediocre at best.

As such the PS2+Xbox are a useless investment as you might as well pick up[ the few stand out titles for your PC and save some dosh. The Gamecube at least offers you sumink you wont see elswhere, although again its mostly fodder.

IMO you should keep your money for upgrading your PC, but if you must have a console it would be the GC

Personally i aint owned a console since the N64, simply because by and large its rubbish and what is good i get on PC sooner or later

--Jakk

mr.big i can't agree with you,I watch my nephew play [22 I think]
    on x-box looks great to me and there are good games

MOH,splinter cell,metal gear to name some ,myself I like pc games

I own them all, and I prefer the xbox over the rest. But, the reason why I have them all is the games. PS2 gives me my RPG's and Gamecube gives me 1st party nintendo games, and xbox has the rest. And comparing xbox and ps2 side by side in my own house has made me accept that xbox is just plainly the better console to have. Cheers!

If you are buying a console for younger kids, the Gamecube is the best choice, hands down. They have the largest selection of games for younger kids.

If you are buying for older kids and adults and want the best selection of games, the PS2 is your best choice. Plus I personally have always preferred PS2 controllers over all of the others.

The Xbox still have kind of a crappy selection of games, and the controllers absolutely SUCK. They have a lot of games that are going to be released by the end of this year though but you still have to play them on those dumb controllers.

To sum it up, if it were me, the PS2 or the Gamecube would be my choice depending on what audience I was looking to entertain.

*no offense Solkin - all IMHO

Another vote for the GC. It has a lot of titles that aren't on any other consoles/PC, and if you think Metroid Prime is kiddy, play it on the SNES and GBA, you will be much in shock .

I wouldn't call that many games on the GC kiddy, RES Evil, SSB:M, Metroid Prime, some more. Some of them are modelled in a childish way, but it doesn't mean the gameplay is childish (SSB:M, for example, cute little monsters beating the $h1t out of each other).

No Offense taken, I'm not some sort of fan-boy that will lose it and get all mad and defensive over this subject, and people who do, bug me. Its just an opinion and everyone has their own. I would have to agree with you on the Controller issue. PS2 does have the better controller design, same design since 1995 and its a good thing sony didn't change it. Why try and fix something thats not broken. lol I don't have a problem with the xbox controller though, and I guess it comes to me actually having big enough hands to hold it. hahah... On the subject of controllers, the WORST one ever has to be the N64's controller. What the heck was that?

LOL, i don't think anybody actually ever used the D-pad, it could have been just half of the joypad and would have been fine.

Yeah, Solkin for me it is trying to target things with a little tiny joystick on the left side of the controller. I felt like I had to hold this controller which was comfortable but then everything I did was on little tiny, oddly placed joysticks. Give me a thumb pad and some buttons any day over that

Optimus Prime, I didn't mean the Gamecube was exclusively for kids, but they hands down have the best selection for them. They certainly have adult games in there too.

well i had a thread if i shud a gamecube

well i got one now...and i LOVE IT
    so my vote goes to gamecube too

i mean zelda the WIND WAKER, only for that game its worth to get a gamecube
    BRILLIANT GAME
    i know, it has like cartoon graphics but thats what it makes so special
    u can play for HOURS and HOURS
    i played on a saturday, looked at my watch, **** I PLAYED 5 HOURS IN A ROW without even noticing

i dont think gc has only KIDDIE games
    metroid prime, got that, BRILLIANT

i HAD a ps2 once too, all the good games..metal gear solid, final fantasy and other games
    and i like the GC much more then the PS2

xbox, dont have a clue never played
    have the feeling all the games for xb excists for other consoles too (well some dont, halo...)

GET A GAMECUBE, cheap price to but its NOT CHEAP

We got a PS2 for the kids, it supports the PS1 games they had so it made sense.

I for one can't stand playing on a console so I'm not the one to suggest which is best for any other reasons.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

PS2, it gives me all my RPG's I like, graphics are getting dated, but do graphics really matter that much? (the controler for the ps2 has to be the best of all the consoles)

Depends on the types of games you like. If you want the largest selection of games, ok graphics, and are into japanese style rpg's then PS2 is your choice. If you want a decent selection of games and want the best console graphics to date then go with xbox. If you want quality games that you will never find on another platform, go for GC. That's how I would call it. Overall, there are great games across all platforms, regardless of what others may say.

Re: Which Consrole game would you buy?

Originally posted by Witch-Talon
    After a while of those 3 consrole came out. PS2, X-Box, Gamecube.

Which one would you choose to buy? I don't want to hear "I like PS2 they smoke Game cube" and all that ****.

I only want to hear why would u buy it? Graphic? variety of games? Overall? Price?

Also is there a site that review those 3 consrole?
    simple.. go to google.com or any search engine type Ps2 VS Xbox vs Gamecube . I'm sure you find the information you want..

here is my quick review..

PS2 have more game...
    Xbox have good graphic..
    Gamecube is more affortable..

it depend who you are.. if you like mario or zelda i'm 100% sure you going to get Gamecube. Unless Ps2 or Xbox make mario or zelda which i'm doubt they wont..
    Leo

Okay thank you guys for all the replies. A week ago I bought game cube for my finace. I tried to get her to pick PS2 or X-Box. But she wanted Gamecube because of the Mario games. And I suppose it'll be worth it after all my son can play with it when he get older.

Personally I would pick X-Box due to the games they have aviable that I would like to play. But I bought Vexx for gamecube it aint so bad (Enjoying it).

Money is not an concern for me.

Any suggestion on game picks?

So far we got Vexx, Mario Party 4, Mario Sunshine, Wario World, Lugi Mansion, Capcom vs SNK EO 2.