Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Street Racing game

I am going to try out Midnight Club 2 next week as I'll be borrowing the PC game from my cousin. He's playing Metal Gear Solid 2 so Midnight Club 2 is currently collecting dust.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Gotta love Driver... excellent game. I actually picked it up for the PC for like $5 the other day but it won't run when installed from a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive... a requirements is to install it from a CD-ROM drive. Arg... I don't have one for obvious reasons.

Anyway...

Ultimate Member
    It installs fine from either my CDRW or DVDROM

--Jakk

i got midnight club 2 a few days ago...its a nice game, but it gets choppy when there is a lot of smoke on the screen...i.e when you do a burnout...and i have a pretty high-end machine so i think its the software and not my hardware...

...why can't they release Gran Turismo 3 on the PC!?!?!?!

Ultimate Member
    Ive only played GT once and to be fair, i thought it was ****. Midnight CLub 2 felt far too unrealistic and not even fun, it smacked of console style, put your foot down and hang on for dear life-ness and the controls (on keyboard at least), were chicken oriental, i also didnt like the fact the cars werent 'real'.

Get yourself over here

http://www.eagames.com/official/nfs/home.jsp

and check out the 'Underground' screenshots and start drooling at your leisure

--Jakk

Bigjakkstaffa,

What GT did you play? I've played 3 a lot, and i think that the graphics are pretty impressive (for a ps2 game, that is ), and i especially enjoy the sheer number of cars, tracks, and modifications you have in the game...not to mention the thousands of variables you can customize

Is NFS Underground going to be a realistic racing game, or more of an arcade type like Midnight Club 2? BTW those graphics made me drool so much i needed a mop lol

I can't remember a racing game better than gt 2/3 (ps2), than top gear 3000 (snes).

That game was the BOMB!!!!!!

The Bullfrog,
    Have a nice day

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    start drooling at your leisure
    I need a new keyboard

Stefan
    Stefan

Ultimate Member
    It was GT2 i think, i only played it for about half an hour but boy was it boring

As for underground, i think it'll probably be more of the same NFS style driving, midway between arcade and realism but nowhere near as arcadey as the likes of GTA or Midnight Club 2

--Jakk

Originally posted by rsfnatik
    Gotta love Driver... excellent game. I actually picked it up for the PC for like $5 the other day but it won't run when installed from a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive... a requirements is to install it from a CD-ROM drive. Arg... I don't have one for obvious reasons.

Anyway...
    It should install just fine from a CD-RW or DVD drive. It won't however install on an NT/XP system. Only works on 9x platforms. Even compatibility mode won't work
    Computers and the internet gave you your freedom, don't let TCPA take it away!
    notcpa.org
    againsttcpa.com

Ultimate Member
    ...im sure ive played it no worries on XP, and if not that then i've definitley played it on 2kpro

--Jakk

I've tried installing it under Win2K. Problem is that I need to install the patch in order to get my USB wheel to work... after the patch is installed the game will no longer load as it doesn't recognize the disc. I've tried Tech Support and they say reinstall from a CD-ROM. Irritating... but what can I do, it's an old game that they're not likely to update.

Jakk: I took a look at the NFS: Undergound screenshots. They look good but I don't believe they were taken in-game... which is deceiving. I wish companies wouldn't rely on rendered images to sell their product...

hmm dunno rsfnatik, i'd like to think they're in-game! one of the pics has a speedo and dials on the screen... cerainly looks lush

Ultimate Member
    Theres defnintley oen in there thas in game, and thats the one with the speedo's and dials as you pointed out. As for the others, well the angles of the shots may suggest cut-scene or FMV footage rather than gameplay shots, but either way, theyre still nice

--Jakk:T