Thread: Repairing file?

Repairing file?

When I install MS Flight Simulator 2004 I get a message saying "can't read MSGAME1.cab" or something like that. Is there a way to repair this file.

Ultimate Member
    I would check the DC for scratches or marks, and try cleaning it, if that dont help and there are visible scratched, then send it back to the shop and ask for a replacment

--Jakk

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    I would check the DC for scratches or marks, and try cleaning it, if that dont help and there are visible scratched, then send it back to the shop and ask for a replacment

--Jakk
    especially if it's new and an original disc - if it isn't you have other problems that we can't help you with here

I had a problem install for the kids with one of the SIMS expansions paks (man, I hate that game but they love it)

New original CD was fine (no scratches) and they (Maxis) admitted that for some cd drives you needed to uncheck the DMA box under device properties to get it to read a file on the install CD (gotta love copy protection).....

installed fine thereafter, then went back and checked the DMA box again and everything went smoothly after that

i hate the game too