Thread: Mic Problems Please help

Mic Problems Please help

Ok,

I cant seem to get my mic to work on CS no matter what ive tried. I have a asus p4pe mother board with on board sound. I dont have it overclocked and have no other problems. I tried to put my sb live in and that doesent work either. I also bought a new head set to see if that would correct the problem. Some times it sounds like you can hear background noise in the headset, but no one can under stand my mic. Ive try running the voice tweak, but that doesent fix it. I push the botton to talk and you can see it's trying but it's muffled.

Any suggestions or direction would help.

Thanks guys.

hmm..i only can think of voice tweak.....hmm..u might wanna get a different mic. i use a techsolutions liks 10 bucks ....and it works fine. Um...try voice tweak again..and see if u can hear yourself

Anyone know of the asus boards have sound problems? I bought this board from a "friend" of mine with the chip. Another buddy told me asus have some sound problems, but ive searched for data to back it up so I can make him eat this board.

i have asus a7n8x deluxe and yes sometimes it does have sound problems, and its mostly related to drivers. dont blame the board blame nvidia

That really stinks. I built this machine for gaming, but dident do my homework. A buddy told me this could be a problem with windows or a software problem. I dont want to refomat so Im going to buy another harddrive and set my primary as slave. Not sure if it will work, but thought it was worth a try. If that doesent work, i'll probably throw this machine threw the window...