Thread: Game prices to rise

Ultimate Member

Game prices to rise

for the same reason that's why so many Piratings going on
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

games are just more complex, people's salaries are higher, etc I highly doubt piracy has to do with cost because you can't tell how piracy affects a game until it is already on the market. They determine the prices way in advance of its hitting the markets or the pirates...

That said they cost to much and I've stopped buying games until I see somethign that is truly worthy of my $50. Perhaps half life will be a candidate as I can easily get a good couple years out of a game like that.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

hmm, I stopped buying games a long time ago, and recent "investments" show that I was right. The quality of PC games has dropped dramatically in the past few years, most are simply console ports and crappy ones at that.

Take my favourite genre, racing, most of the games I get excited about (Toca Race Driver, Colin McRae 3) all debut on consoles and when they reach the PC they suck, big style.

If they make people pay more, well I guess people will pay it, but I hope that the quality increases, patches disappear & the games are released on time bug free. Yeah right, like thats going to happen - so don't make PC users pay more! Strange, we seem to be happy paying to be bug-testers.

Stefan
    Stefan

That article is about the price of console games going up, not PC games. Since I only play PC and don't own a console, I can live with that. Sucks for you console folk though.

Originally posted by DocEvi1
    Take my favourite genre, racing, most of the games I get excited about (Toca Race Driver, Colin McRae 3) all debut on consoles and when they reach the PC they suck, big style.
    Why aren't you playing MotorCity Online?

..because I'm stuck on a 56k dialup with DACS on the line. Hence, the speed of the line is halfed I live too far away for cable & ADSL is only just coming here on the 23rd July. Unfortunately it's a years contract and I don't know if I'll be here that long.

Stefan
    Stefan

Oh that sucks, that game was a breath of fresh air to a stagnite genre.

I hear good things about that new NASCAR game though too.

Originally posted by Izdaari
    That article is about the price of console games going up, not PC games. Since I only play PC and don't own a console, I can live with that. Sucks for you console folk though.
    the problem is, that those prices are also applicable for PC games

if you noticed, the price on those are the same as on PC

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

I can't and will never understand how they use piracy as a reason to make prices higher, why make your customers pay for another person.

This isnt a group activity, one person messes up they all pay, this is soley an individual event. Jack A has nothing to do/ or care about what Jack b does.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

If piracy is a reason why prices are rising, then I am also just as stumped... people will be even more tempted to buy a pirated copy of a game if prices increase.

Alot of the people who buy games are of the opinion they were already too expensive before, never mind after a price increase..

Oh well, so what else is new, pretty soon it will cost $100 just for a chocolate bar. Too bad wages seem to be going down in a response to the rising prices. lol

yeaaaaaah... i couldn't agree more on that

man high paying jobs a few years back, are not paying even half of what they used to pay back then

yet you see prices of FOOD!! and items go up every day

we should BAN the people that makes stupid laws

Thats fine though, I am working on my secret replicator project in my basement, in a few years I won't have a need for money anymore. LMAO!

Originally posted by gibsinep
    I can't and will never understand how they use piracy as a reason to make prices higher, why make your customers pay for another person.

This isnt a group activity, one person messes up they all pay, this is soley an individual event. Jack A has nothing to do/ or care about what Jack b does.
    I don't think they use piracy as a "reason" to make prices higher, just to explain why the prices might be high.

If 300,000 copies of a game sell legally, and another 100,000 are pirated copies, then the developer can only count on the 300,000 copies for profit. Profit margins are used to set price. Charge less just because you want to establish good will with the honest consumer, and you'll go out of business.