Thread: If not 'Gator' then what?

If not 'Gator' then what?

Good Afternoon,
    I have been reading some of the things people have to say about 'Gator'. I have become quite concerned about spyware and what it does to you and your computer.

I have been using 'Gator" for awhile and I really like it because when entering a site that I have joined, like this one, it remembers my sign on info and such, it will fill out forms for me with my address, etc,. And besides that 'It's Free'.

So I would like to delete it, but first is there similar software out there that pretty much does the same thing? Without the spying part? If so let me know, ok?

Would truly love to hear from you all at your earliest convenience.

Thanks Again,
    Gayle

I find GET RIGHT 4.5 to be a better software than GATOR

but GATOR is fine, as long as you run AD ADWARE 6.0 and the other spamSpyEr killer tools at least once a week, or every day if you have time to kill

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Roboform does all that. you can use it for up to 29 sites until you have to upgrade.

http://www.roboform.com/

Other crapware things are weather tools, time-synchronizers and "memory optimizers".
    MS MCP, MCSE

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    I thought when cookies are enabled in your browser and user options at this forum you don't have to sign in, also netscape 7 has a password manager and not sure but doesn't IE6 have one as well, guess you can tell which one I use more.

Ultimate Member
    My browser does all that stuff without the help of gator

As far as I know, SysOpt gives an option to keeps its user logged in at all times... I use it personally becuase I have dialup and it saves me some time....
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

I would rate roboform as one of my top addons Bill - defintely not crapware and I must admit I do use atomic (clock synchronizer) - I have a very minimal but secure set of services running in XP.
    Blackviper runs a most excellent site on services optimization!!!

Im bored!!!
    This post has been verified as complete b0ll0cks by Microsoft B0ll0ckfilter v1.2344456567 service pack 1001 (c) 2004

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if my post is offensive to anyone especially fancyf!