Thread: Virtual Reality! Is it possible?

Virtual Reality! Is it possible?

Can virtual reality become humanity's prime entertainment or humanity's worst nightmare?

VR worlds are possible but I don't see people using them anymore. There is no news about VR anymore and I think something goes wrong somewhere. Then the developers just dump the whole idea.

Any ideas??

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

I want a personal HoloSuite like in StarTrek....... THAT would be the ultimate!!!

it's dead because it's too expensive for anybody to seriously look at as an entertainment source. virtual reality is still around but it mostly used for research or development type things to get different perspectives on things. it's easier to look at an engine when you can see yourself inside it than if you're holding a flashlight over the engine.
    "No human investigation can be called real science if it cannot be
    demonstrated mathematically." -- Leonardo da Vinci

VR isn't dead.

VR is in the theater (IMAX)
    Video games, flight training simulators, driving simulators, Computer weather modeling,
    etc, etc.etc...

What if we can immerse ourselves into a VR combat zone and train ourselves into soldiers? This VR program can be used to train future soldiers to face real-life battles. Entertainment wise! Yeah! It's too expensive and you can't simply put naked women in there to entertain you, right? You'll get hooked by VR and you may never want to get out that place.

Counter-Strike becomes VR mode?? Wow! Vietnam becomes VR mode?? Wow! You can feel the fatigue as you run through waves of bullets and panic when you see your enemies shooting at you. Then you will feel a bit of pain when you get hit by bullets or explosives. Electric pulses will hit you when you got hit. It'll be a great program to train your flexibility and tactics.

Not bad! I maybe just dreaming about it but I hope somebody can come out a VR simulator to help people. Surgery?? Or airline pilot training?? Soldiering??

Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

in Canada we have lots of Arcades with VR feedback games

you wear the suit, and the 3D googles

and you are in the game

but still it's not real enough, and that's why people are getting bored about the VR thing

until VR turns into something like the Matrix or like in StarTrek, it will not attract too many people

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Ultimate Member
    Can you prove that this is reality?

Me, ive said it before and ive said it again, this is virtual reality, none of you really exist, and nor do i outside of this virtual reality, when the reality come sto an end i 'die'.

A bit far fetched perphaps but how can you PROVE to me that you are really alive and experience the same things i do...

--Jakk

What if we can immerse ourselves into a VR combat zone and train ourselves into soldiers?
    Speaking from experience, only real combat can train you for real combat. It's one thing when your shooting at paper targets down range. It's an entirely different scenario when the targets can shoot back.
    At that point you'll finally get to feel a real adrenaline buzz in a whole new way.

Ultimate Member
    What if we can immerse ourselves into a VR combat zone and train ourselves into soldiers?
    Someones been playing 'Wargasm' methinks... i have no idea why i bought that game *shakes head* it felt like a good idea at the time

--Jakk

Well! VR simulatiors can at least provide a bit of reality for warfare training and the soldiers can at least experience something real in real-life battles.

Changing VR into Matrix-like?? Please! I don't want the Matrix to be a reality because I don't want to be stuck in a machine-controlled world forever and recycled after death as battery fluid. Please! VR simulations are enough for now!

Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever