Thread: i need firewire

i need firewire

just bought a video cam, and salesman told me I need firewire and capture card to convert to vcd. Problem is i don't have a firewire. I've only one pci slot left and i intend to put my capture card there.

wouldn't it be easier to install a firewire card in that slot and transfer digital video via firewire, vs. if you used a capture card and use a vivo method

i am no video expert, but i see this as a better option...someone correct me if i'm wrong

Banned
    wahhhhh ur amazing! u using all ur PCI slots but 1?

get an sound blaster audigy soundcard. they come with a firewire and the audigy player is quite cheap and a great 5.1 sound card

The DV camera should be able to do both. Upload via analog cable (rca) to a VIVO capture card such as an ATI All-in-Wonder or TV card ; or iLink (firewire) cable to a Firewire port or pci card. The firewire allows for transfering DV in raw format , highest quality, to the hard drive.
    You can get a lot of helpful info here. I've been visiting this site recently myself.

Congrats on the new camcorder.
    Last edited by Rocketmech; 05-24-2003 at 05:11 PM.

The Audigy actually is very poor as a firewire card, I couldn't recommend strongly enough not getting this soundcard for that purpose.

If you need a firewire (1394 - Apple have the name firewire copyrighted) get a Via chipset as these are the most universal, ensure it is six pin and takes power from your PSU as well. That way you don't need to worry about maintaining power to things like the iPod...

Stefan
    Stefan

i've 2 FireWires ports

1 from the ATi All in Wonder
    and
    1 from the Sound Blaster Audigy, they both works good

no troubles at all

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5