Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Albert Einstein maybe wrong!

I will not discount him.

There have been allot of "crack pots" in history and some are famous "crack pots".

His is theory is just like the rest, but that we take for fact.

If the world turned upside down tomorrow it would not surprise me.

Is aspirin good for you today?

HMMMM! I say the world is flat, if you disprove that statement, then it must be backed up with scientic fact. True scientic fact is NOT theory, it in fact proveable via mathmatics or science.
    Every dog deserves his day, we will wait and see, if true, it will be supported by facts.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

What I am saying is, what is disputing it, is NOT fact.

But a GUESS with the information available.
    Last edited by Zurke; 05-25-2003 at 02:27 PM.

speaking of flat earth, how did they actually disprove that without going into space? the appearance of things going down as they got farther away could easily be discounted as parallax.
    "No human investigation can be called real science if it cannot be
    demonstrated mathematically." -- Leonardo da Vinci

The curvature of the earth can be measured on a horizon against a flat sheet of paper if you live anywheres near a mountain, mesa or desert, I've done it before out here in CA, its observable so maybe something like that?
    "Save us Booze, show us the way!"

I believe ancient cultures who 1st figured out the earth was round such as the Mayan and Chinese, knew this becuase of a luner eclipse, they saw the shadow of the earth on the moon.

For some crazy reason colombus gets the credit for saying the earth was not flat, when they say the world thought it was flat they mean the Europeans, who remember were just getting out of the Dark Ages (middle ages) where all science was lost. If it wasn't for the Muslims, who preserved the science and info from the great cultures like Greece and Rome, we would be in a much much less advanced world.

Europe refound this knowledge mostly becuase of the crusades which re-opened medieval europe to the rest of the world, and back the knowledge they once had.

Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

just because the earth has a round shadow on the moon doesn't mean the earth is spherical. the earth could still be flat and round at the same time. to see what i mean, take a pancake into a dark room and shine a flashlight at the broad side of the pancake. you'll see a round shadow even the pancake is flat
    Last edited by ShawnD1; 05-25-2003 at 10:40 PM.

The best way to determine if the earth is a sphere is by simultaneously measuring the length of the shadows cast by identical poles perpendicular to a flat surface that is tangential to the earth's radius at various, distant locations. If indeed the earth is round, then the shadows should all vary in length from one distant location to another, which means that the angle at which the parallel rays of sunlight struck each pole varied from one location to another. (recall the alternate-angles theorem from Geometry class) If the earth is flat, then the lengths of all the shadows should be identical when measured simultaneously, since all rays of sunlight that strike the earth are parallel. However, they are not identical, but in fact, varies in such a way that the angles indicate a spherical surface. (This was one of the earliest methods to determine the radius of the earth)

The supposed error in the relavitity theroy is that time is constant and so is light.

This may not be true. There is some evidence that light has been slowing down from the beginning of the universe. If this is true, then the light created at the beginning of the universe could have moved with infinte speed, this would explain why the universe is so uniform.

To prove Earth's shape?? We can use the orbital satellites to prove that theory.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Originally posted by cbh
    To prove Earth's shape?? We can use the orbital satellites to prove that theory.
    I'm uncertain the Ancient Mayans, Aztecans and Sumarians/egyptians had satellites in orbit
    "Save us Booze, show us the way!"

Originally posted by Dracas

I'm uncertain the Ancient Mayans, Aztecans and Sumarians/egyptians had satellites in orbit

[crying] lies, lies all lies! [/crying]

Predictions? Maybe they just predict that Earth was round and spherical. Nobody knows what they were thinking at that time because these peoples did not keep historical records. They just passed down their history through verbal conversations. Thus, we can never know...
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Gone
    Yep. Just like ya'll thought I was nuts saying about anti-gravity being easily possible. Guess what two weeks after on the news they had some french scientist who found while testing superconductors that mass held over it decreases like 50% or so. Hmmmm and thats at ground leve. so they say its TRUE anti-gravity, the first discovery of it. Alls I have to say to those who called me a fool!

Hey, I admire your guts to say something that is often insulted by other people who don't believe in you. I believe in a lot of things but I often keep them to myself. The reason? I don't want to become a laughing stock to other people. We, the believers, are too little around the world so many people tend to laugh at us for our beliefs.

Anti-gravity! I think we can accomplish that technology and implement it on the International Space Station (ISS). That station needs something new to push Mankind into a new era. Hey! The planet is almost explored and colonized. Except for the vast oceans! Why don't we use Einstein's thoeries to explore the galaxy? Make better use of Einstein's legacy!

Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Ultimate Member
    Well, the earth being flat was a theory itself, one deeply grounded in fundamental RELIGION. Queen Ashtoreth, widow of Nimrod (the grat hunter who tried to supplant the power of God) became pregnant a year after his death, and claimed that the "immaculate conception" was a result of a sun ray from nimrod (who supposedly became the sun) and during the day would give life giving heat/floral and faunal energy et al, and at night would "fight the demons of the flat underworld" protecting humanity. This runs counter to the scriptural record and its commensureate exhortation of ultimate, changeless truth.

The roots of this far-eastern babylonian theology has reared its head in both oriental, christian (protestant), roman (catholicism), and EASTER still commemorates the birth of the widows progeny. The traditions of egg rolling, early am sunday lake side services/"worship", hot cross buns, and other clearly pagan concepts and legends, theories, beliefs, were incorporated by the early roman religio-political powers, ostensibly to increase their membership, as well as financial "indulgences", which then were used for gotesque purposes far-flung from proselytizing unbelievers.

This 2000 yrs prior to another salvific "immaculate conception", unfortunately so misunderstood and needlessly complicated.

Einstein I believe will be proven "right" historically, although he self-admittedly claimed NOT to have "discovered" all the secrets of science. I also believe the body of knowledge known as science is itself infinite, inexhaustible and incredible (by todays standards and reasoning), and NO ONE definitively knows the "entire" truth, save for an all omniscient "lifegiver", or as others call him, the creator God.

This Indian fellow seems to be on a quest to gain name/fame for himself, apparently on some theory Einstein is unable to defend.
    The dead are a good topic to flame for precisely that reason...only time will tell if he ( the lone Indian fellow, what are his actual academics and/or scientific theories, and are they borne out through repeatable, observable findings?)has any real knowledge to proffer the sciences.

It wasn't till copernicus, newton, and some of the other early scientific pioneers who added to the previous theories and began to put some of it together. And I'm sure others will add their findings.