Thread: MX500 vs Razer Boomslang 2000dpi

MX500 vs Razer Boomslang 2000dpi

Well im fed up with this mouse..... i brought a logitech cordless (part of the elite duo combo) and at the time i thought it was a good idea (couldnt be more wrong) well other then the fact that the mouse became slowly unresponsive becuz of batteries, the fact to thats it cordless adds to the lag.

Anyway im trying to decide wut mouse i should get, the mx500 seems better plus i can get it more readily then the boomslang. Is the boomslang outdated? the only technical diffrence i c is 2000dpi vs 4.7mega pixels. i dont get mega pixels for mice so can someone please clear it up?

Thank you in advance.

Umm... Wrong Forum. Should be in General Tech Discussion because it's mainly about the mouse not gaming

I would choose Razer. I used to have one and was amazing mouse. Sadly my cat thought it was a mouse and ate it's tail (wire)

As for the MX500 I can't really say. I never really use their products. (Through some of the Logitech FREAKS on sysopt might give u an answer about the MX500)

The Logitech is 800Dpi and the Boomslang is 2000Dpi.

I would personally go for the Logitech, there is no ball, so there is no cleaning and it might gain advantages over ball mice.

I also think the MX500/700 looks far better than the Boomslang.

Depends really, the Boomsland is a lot of money and I would not spend that much (£99) on a mouse.

I just got MX300 (same as mx500 but less buttons and $$$) well the mouse is great, extremely smooth and does not skip at all, unlike my old logitech optical.
    MX series are awesome in my oppinion get one of them u willnt be dissappointed!!!
    regards,

the xenon

Ultimate Member
    The boomslangs supposed to be awful for general usage in windows and can seriously screw up your wrists at first. Its a gaming mouse, no more no less, the ball is also potitioned toward the rear of the mouse if memory serves makign it more wrist than hand controlled. Simply if you want the mouse for gaming only, the boomslang is supposed to be great, if however you want a mouse that does it all and very well too, the Logitech

--Jakk

Get the Logitech MX700. Its what I've got, and frankly, its the best thing I've ever used! It is cordless optical, but there is no lag in movement etc, and all games I've tried can be run properly cos the movement is very accurate.