Thread: XP System Restore Help!!!!

XP System Restore Help!!!!

I have tried many times to do system restore to different dates and check points. When the system restarts, I get a message that the restore did not make any changes, and to retry! I have no idea what is going on! I appreciate any help in this matter, am at my wits end! Thanks, Don.

Check the event logs to investigate System Restore service errors:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
    2. Click Administrative Tools, click Computer Management, double-click Event Viewer, and then click System.
    3. Click the Source tab to sort by name, and then look for "sr" or "srservice." Double-click each of these services, and then evaluate the event description for any indication of the cause of the problem.
    I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Thank you very much, I will do that immediately, Don.

I had that very problem recently. I waited about a week and then decided to Copy my backup onto the drive, losing some data while doing so. Just before I did, I checked the system restore and it allowed my to pick a date. I haven't yet done a restore since then, but it leads m to believe it would work normally.

Before making any drastic changes, wait a few days and check it again. If you are needing to do a restore to a previous date, this probably won't help. I had no previous dates available, had to create the first one.
    Once you Newegg, You Know!