Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter Helps (or Nights)

Hybrid View

Neverwinter Helps (or Nights)

Please help me with this problem: I desperately want to play NWN (mostly cause i can't stand that i'm unable to make a game run) and first the mouse cursor doesn't appear (and i solved this myself) and secondly i can only see icons, and almost no writes. So it's very difficult even to create the character ( i must imagin what's the corresponding name to an ability icon, for example). The last funny thing is that when the first level is loading it stops just at the end of the growing bar and i cannot even begin to play, cause the Pc is blocked after that. I'm almost sure that the problem is my Voodoo 3 card (moreover i can't find out if it is 2000 or 3000) and maybe my processor (Celeron 400 Mhz). If anyone can find a solution for me i would be very grateful ( i think i've seen somewhere on the net some help with such a problem, but it was some time before i even try the game...) Thank you from now!

your specs seem pretty low for that game.
    i think your cpu is way too slow.
    i use a tualitn 1ghz and with about a gig of ram all of my games run smoothly, also I use a radeon 7500 64 meg ddr.

My note book has a coppermine 500 celeron. What kind of celeron is it? And how much ram do you have? This is a hardware issue
    Lost 10,000 miles from home and loving it!!

I ran NWN on a PII400 at medium settings so I dont think its that. I think its your video card. I was running a GF2 Pro 64MB at the time and had 384MB ram. Might be that the voodoo cant handle some of the directX or opengl (whatever NWN uses).
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

i have so sort of problem too...help please...

i'm running an athlon xp 1800+ with 246ddr and a geforce2 with 64ddr...the game is moving very slowly...it takes about 5min to load a new level...the character is ''jumping'' when i try to make a move...i had this sort of problem with lesser systems, but this one is pretty good...what could be wrong?

Question 1. "desperately want to play NWN"

Your graphics card.

Question 2. "the game is moving very slowly"

Your graphics card.

Both are very poor. When i tried to run NWN on a P2 450 w/Geforce 2 MX200 it ran extremely slowly and the character lagged.

The GPU is important in this age, about the same as a CPU, don't skimp on a GPU just to get a fast CPU, ssalex.

yeah thats right.

I only have a tualitin cpu with a tnt2 nvidia 32mb sdram.

But when I put a radeon 7500 in with 64ddr.....all of my games flew!!!! When I added more ram my games improved but the video card change made the biggest difference

Thanks to all of you, and i'm particularly near to the one with a much better system than mine, which still is barely unable to make the game run properly. But i can assure you that even with a system like mine (or at least my Voodoo 3 video card) is possible to run NWN.Maybe very slowly but i'm quite sure. A friend of mine makes it run with an 8mb Video card! And i repeat that somewhere before trying the game(in another forum i think) i found a clue on how to solve my problem, with the same videocard. I think disabling also the Movies but not just doing this.... **** i can't remember the whole procedure!!!!

system specs are not all that matters
    i ran NWN on defualt settings without a problem, and i have a 866 MHz p3, with a 32 MB geforce 2 pro, and 384 sdram, with xp pro.
    Load times were normal (as compared to a friend of mine) and i had proactically no lag when playing.

specs do matter. For example maybe you have a better mother board.

Hardware, and software they both matter when it comes to games.

hardware does make a difference, but even on a crappy system like mine, NWN ran fine.
    I also keep my system clean (defragging, limiting startup services, registry cleaning, etc), which is what i think makes such large of a difference between why it ran fine with me, but not as well with better systems.

yeah i know you mean.
    I ran bf 1942 on tualitin with sdram and a radeon 7500 and it was more stable than other systems.

I had to keep current with all drivers, defragging, scan disc.

So maintaining your system is very important.

It's not necessarily your system.
    When I tried to play NWN on my machine, It didn't work either.
    Btw, we're talking about Amd Athlon XP 1800+, Asus K7266-E, 1024 Mb DDRAM. It never ran.

So I started reading the guide and it said that if you're using certain programs, it could cause NWN not to run. Some of these programs are Norton Antivirus, McAfee VirusScan and some other programs name I can't remember. If you want to get more info, view the guide I made sure I didn't use any of these programs, but it still didn't work. Maybe NWN has just something against amd? It worked fine on my boyfriend's P4.

But actually, I don't think the game is really worth messing up your system for. I mean, the graphics are quite nice, but the game tends to be utterly boring after playing for a while.

I think neverwinter was ok.
    I still have yet to try the multiplayer.
    Also I heard that it has great reply value.
    You can download new modules from the internet to play through.

I ran NWN successfully on a Celeron300A at 450 under Win98. I used an AIW Rage128 Pro and the system had 512MB of PC100 SDRAM. I now run it on an Athlon XP 1800+ with a Radeon 9500 Pro.

I like the game. So much so that I haven't bothered to put any others back on my system since my last reformat.

The two advantages are the online modules, over two thousand of which are available as free downloads, and the online community. It's the first game that is really designed to replicate the classic Tabletop experience in a CRPG. It's not perfect, but it's vastly better than anything else online.

You have a choice of myriads of online worlds, and they're all free. This is a game that has legs.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

yeah I need to check out the modules......

Maybe I will wait until I can upgrade this pc.
    I think I am going to do a major overhaul.

How big are the online modules?