Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your first ever post and the reason you came to Sysopt?

Your first ever post and the reason you came to Sysopt?

Hi, thought I would start a new topic regarding your first post and the reason you joined Sysopt... I know it has been done before, but lets do it again.

Me:
    I joined because of the Overclocking DB. I had just built my new system (http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/...i?db=b&r=11262 and wanted to post my results. Gee I was chuffed, cost me a pretty packet but it was worth it. It's changed a little since then and after Summer Hols (16 weeks of working) I'm aiming to build a new one.

My first post, easy. I had just started my job as a technician and spotted a question I could answer. http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...threadid=92558. From then I hung around posting **** and sometiimes actualy answering a question correctly

What about you lot?

Stefan

Of course, this is where no-one posts and my new community thread dies on it's behind
    Stefan

You got me thinkin man...

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...threadid=92192

thats where i posted first.

This was the first tech forum(along with TechIMO) that i bumped into while searchin for a onboard video problem .I thought better still register here.Of all the time i have spent here,i must say its been really productive.

My first post was in the middle of someone else's thread, a question about RAID arrays. My second one was a joke that made BpB groan!

I came here after learning about the hamster thread from Don5408's Unofficial Aptiva Bulletin Board.

Ultimate Member
    Can't really say for sure this was my first - but let's see how many can beat 3/20/99....

Strange looking back at it - I've still got that board in daily use & it's never given a serious problem!
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My first ever post was something about SOF2 editing that I only answered 'cause the OP wasn't getting much help.

As for what brought me here...the death of a very similar forum.

First post? This particular forum database does not go back far enough. Scattered parts of the oldest forum (anyone remember the first SO forum?) used to exist, but they have been cleaned from the site over the years.

Robert Richmond

I joined because i wanted to learn about graphics cards etc, i checked out the review section, though it was cool. Joined the board.

Ultimate Member
    I first visited sysopt.com lookign up some info from the o/c database for a Celery 300A i was tryiong to o/c. Oddly enought, the info was useless , but some time later i came back and jpoined the forum, didnt do much for the first several months i was a member, then started putting a bit more effort in

--Jakk

My first post was 2 or 3 years ago about an error I was getting. Been coming around here and there since then.

My 1st post was asking what CPU I should upgrade from a Cyrix PR200. Boy have I come a LOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGG way from that Cyrix.

My first post was just before Christmas some time I was just asking what to upgrade I think. I was pretty much a n00b to the whole forum thing so I must have sounded pretty clueless for the first few months.Someone had said forums are a good place to learn stuff so I just signed up to the first forum I found and it was here. So here I am.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...threadid=54256

I replied to someone else's thread and boy was I green. My first home grown and I never did get it quite right.

Funny thing is I run AMD chips almost exclusively now, go figure.

This was my system posting at the time.
    Last edited by RampageIII; 04-18-2003 at 01:21 PM.

You said
    AMD are bogus!!
    And it didn't start some big argument?!?!?

I don't think they were that popular around here then. But now, of course, you might get a rise out of that statement.

Can't remember my first post, but I came here because my Tech professor told the class about the site. I visited a few times and then decided to join in.