Thread: Editing a webpage in MS word and saving as Word Document.

Editing a webpage in MS word and saving as Word Document.

Whenever I save a webpage, I tried to edit it in MS Word to remove unnecessary items in the page. Then I delete the original webpage and its folder of images. But when I go back to the MS Word file, the images are also gone. It seem it is linked to the original webpage. How do I save the page in Word including the images and delete the original webpage and its folder?

The images are just links. One way of getting round this to save the whole folder on your hd, and then edit the webpage, making sure the image links are correct. If you just want to save the page, then do so. Or upload the whole folder, if it's a website you're working on.

/Nini-Veh
    Last edited by Nini-Veh; 04-14-2003 at 04:31 AM.

save the whole folder on your hd, and then edit the webpage
    Yep. I'm saving the whole webpage and its folder and edit the webpage as MS word then save. How do I retain the images in the saved word document and delete the original webpage and its folder?

You must make sure that the images you are saving are not linked to a page on the web, but that you actually retain them on your harddrive, as well. If you just make the changes in your word document, and then delete the folder which you downloaded, you really delete the images as well.

I did a right-click and select all of the saved webpage, then paste in a new word doc and edit the images. It's better than using the menu "Edit in Microsoft Word". The links are gone and the objects are truly imbedded. Anyway, thanks Nini-Veh.