Thread: Mwave.com & Accupc.com

Mwave.com & Accupc.com

Just a few days ago my tiny VIA chpset fan was making noise on my Asus A7V133. So instead of taking the motherboard out and releasing the plastic push pin ribs to release the fan bracket, I thought what the heck Ill use some snips and just snip the plastic pins. Well I scratched (or gouged) into the motherboard and chipped out at least 5 of the little minute copper lines that run through the motherboard like freeways. I Dont know if anyone has ever done that or has even tried to repair something like that but I am sure I ruined my motherboard. So if anyone can help me on that part, I would appreciate any help on trying to fix that motherboard.

So anyway I have been surfing the net and came across Mwave.com and accupc.com. Both seem to have some pretty good prices. Has anyone purchased motherboards from them? are they new in factory box? Thanks again for any help.
    Redfanta

Mwave is a good store, but has expensive shipping (or am I just spoiled with Newegg's great rates?). The only used stuff is the refurbished section. My SOYO TISU was in its box and sealed. Take a look around newegg.com, they are really great if you want.

thanks, I will check out neweggs website. I want new, and inexpensive. Gee doesnt everyone?
    Now I have to decide on a motherboard.
    thanks for your input
    red

motherboard run fix

Just do what we do on taxpayer billion dollar planes......take some 22 guage wire (insulated) and bypass the open parts of each run. Can be 1 inch or even 5 inches in some cases. It will be MUCH easier to stagger each length. Just solder it to the "good" part of the run. TIP flatten out the wire and then tin it so it will lay flat. Make sure the width doesn't extend over on to an adjacent run.

Thanks baxdaddy for the idea to try fixing the motherboard like that. Not skilled in micro surgery, but worth the try. I have fat-shaking fingers syndrome!