Thread: I never had a problem with kazaa before

I never had a problem with kazaa before

Now that I have fixed my sound problem! yay!@
    Now the media crashes. I have reinstalled and uninstalled everything I can think of.
    I have kazaa lite I try to play my media & it doesn't play( i installed the k-lite pack of codecs) I can play the dl files on windows mmedia player but half way through the song it locks up my pc.. I never had problems with kazaa lite before. Anything better then kazaa easier to use with out tryin to configure stupid codecs? I want to play media!
    windows media player 7 kazaa lite-1.7 new kazaa lite I don't like
    win98 se
    soundmax integrated audio
    amd
    256 ram

I would reinstall Media Player 7. The Kazza codecs may have replaced some of the original windows Codecs. The Kazza codecs may be incompatible with your sound card or system drivers.

Could you proviude a link to your sound card forum so we know what was going on. Maybe this is still related to the original problem.
    -- Mathias

my original problem with sound was I didn't have the right drivers, I uninstalled windows mediaplayer 7 media plays.. but if I try to stop it or click anything else like in kazaa or the web it locks up my whole pc.. so yay! i can play my media but boooo why does it freez up??

download media player 9 i've had many problems with media player 7 when i updatet to 9 these problems were all gone so try media player 9

Pc still freezes up with media files plays them but half way thru it freezes or plays a few then freezes????

Is there some setting I don't know about or something

What MB do you have? Without really knowing much about your system it is hard to give advice........but I will say that I hate Kazaa & I don't buy into the Kazaa lite ****.....spyware free....doubt it. In my experience Kazaa plays a major role in hosing up systems. I would just reload the o/s to rid yourself of any little bug related to it. Use media player 9 & download winmx....way better alternative to Kazaa.

Also, have you done a virus scan? Did you run adaware or spybot....I'm assuming you ruled out things such as this.....When I see Kazaa on a clients system it usually has a virus.

Ok I reinstalled my Os Kazza free & windows media player locks up my pc. there has got to be some option I don't have clicked or something thats not letting the audio play through some options in my windows that i don't or do have fixed.
    Compaq presario 5001cl
    Os win98 SE
    amd duron
    256 ram
    windows media player 9
    sound max integrated audio
    beats me im @ a loss.. i never had problems before & I have updated everything

excuse me for posting again but I went to direct X n this what it said... for Multimedia: smwdm.inf &smwd..sys drivers not installed
    not been tested by microsoft windows hardware

??

A quick search on the net turns out the smwdm.inf is a sound driver that somehow may have something to do with your modem.

The second file did not turn out anything.Could just be your system sound driver that you can get from your motherboard cd.???