Thread: Oh wherer OH were did my Java/applets go?

Oh wherer OH were did my Java/applets go?

I have long since been a lover of animated stationary, ripple water, the whole nine yards. Since my last format and reload I reset the security setting lower and that usualy fixes the problem of reanimating Outlook Express Stationary. This time however, that did not work. Nothing has changed and I am still using the same OS as before and only formated and reloaded to get rid of some **** I didn't want on my PC.
    I lost my ripples and moving water, where did it go!!??? . :confused Does anyone know what I may have forgotten or how to fix it? Thanks

I'd say go get the latest version of java here http://java.sun.com/getjava/ I've seen it fix many a problem with java applets

Where oh where did my Java/applets go?

thanks for the advice, however, I went to that site and was totaly confused, even their forum had no idea what I was doing there. Can you tell me what I am suppose to download, how and where, etc.? I am feeling pretty blonde today. ( and yes I am blonde) but Java is not my forte, computer operation and formating is. :-)

Go to download then the big yellow download now sign..once the coffeecup shows up its installed just hit yes when it asks to install and run java plugins

Oh where has my Java gone :-)

thanks again, I finally figured out what to download and have the Java working perfectly. Seems MS is none too happy about me suggesting the same advice to others on MS Forum who complain of the VM not working right. Oh well, I always have been a little bit of a devil. }:-)

Microsoft is being forced to remove virtual machine from their standard windows cxomponents. That is why Windows XP SP1a does not have it. Microsoft will soon be required to install the Sun Java Runtime Environment for Java apps and Internet. I have found it works very well for me.

Find info here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/java/
    -- Mathias