Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: missing modem after format

missing modem after format

I recently formated my c: drive, and reinstalled my Os (win98 SE)
    after installing windows there is no modem listed in device manager and it isn't listed in add new hardware. I do not have any disks.

modem zoltrix winHp 56k pci modem.
    kind of confusin since its in the tower.

also, my sound isn't workin properlu works fine with windows sounds or disks in my cdrom, but media on the internet or websites are skipping not playin properly, I have dl so many codecs. like nemo doesn't work Im at a loss help!

See if you can find the driver for the modem HERE .

i already tried searching for a driver without any luck how do I get it back inot device manager & if I do dl drivers uhgg lol im frustrated.. im usin a diff pc now teperalily

Think you might have to installl the driver first before the modem will be picked up by windows.
    Keep searching pal.

I admit that I am guessing here,so....

http://www.modem-drivers.com/companies/1173.htm

Can you find your driver there.?

I found what I think is the right driver here......http://www.zoltrix.multinet.pl/modem/modem-drivers.htm

and I installed it. its giving me the hpcrg.exe ( looks like a wrech&hammer) and other files. where do i put these? & when I click it , it opens a configure box of which i have no clue what goes there . I make sence?
    lol

I'd suggest going to http://www.driverguide.com join (it's free) and using the FCC ID number search to find the correct driver for your modem, download it and install it. It's that simple.

But did Windows detect the device when you ran the "Add New Hardware Wizard"?

no its doesn't list the modem, doesn't find the modem.. i think i found the right driver. but i have rebooted and it hasn't recognized anything.. should the hpcrg.exe should that be ina spacific place? & the zip file comes with several other files..where do I put? When i click the hpcrg.exe it brings up a configuration box of course i have no idea what goes there. & if it suposed to recognoze this drivver itself on reboot it doesn't.. This is where i got it from...http://www.zoltrix.multinet.pl/modem...ci-drivers.htm I appreciate all your help!

Hmmm... Went to the drivers site you linked. Your still running Win 98, right?

Another suggestion. What kind of CPU does it have, and does it suppotr MMX technology? It may be possible you d-loaded the wrong set of drivers

If it's any consolation, modem installation is often the single most difficult thing I run into. With some modems (esp USR) you MUST install the driver before physically putting the modem in place. With others, if you install the wrong driver it can be very difficult to get the right driver to work. It really helps to have the original media and driver. After dealing with a no-name modem (and FCC ID numbers are not required in Fiji) and generic Conexant drivers that looked right but did not work, I finally told the guy that it would be cheaper for us all if he bought a new modem for $20 and installed that one rather than spend hours maybe getting the old one to work. Good luck!
    FijiJohn

I fixed It YaY! modem installed. Thanks so much.. only took bout 5 diff drivers to find right one.. Zoltrix =hard to find......soo frustating But i figured it out.

I am glad you figured it out.

I would recommend joining driverguide and posting the driver you found there. That way in the future you can find it easily. Driverguide was setup for this sort of thing.

www.driverguide.com
    -- Mathias

glad u didn't buy new modem its very rewarding when u solve the tuff problems also this may help i found new prog that stores all drivers onto disk so if u format then u only need to click have disk for everything including non windows drvers ie joystick and such "my drivers" is the name 15 day tiral ver at download.com its helped me

Bluemoon, thanks for the nice site for those pain-in-the-**** modem installs

G