Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is hyperspace possible?

Is hyperspace possible?

Recently, I have watched a few SCI-FI movies and their spaceships used hyperdrives to maneuver in space. Like the movie I have just watched, Lost In Space, the entire saucer-like spaceship had a hyperdrive that enabled the ship to jump into hyperspace. But the hyperspace sequence needed a Hyper-Gate to be successful or the spaceship would be lost in space. That particular theory is quite inetresting though!

I also surfed through a few web sites on hyperspace and spacefold. Some of the scientists feel that we can't realize hyperspace in the 21st century because the new theory is not stable and 'ridiculous'. Thus, these scientists feel that humanity will need to rely on 'conventional' and 'realistic' propulsion drives to propel spaceships into space.

So, is hyperspace a possibility or a 'sick joke'? Can humanity succeed in making a hyperdrive? Or is humanity forever stuck on Earth and dwell hopelessly in the Solar System?

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

well, Mathematically there are no reason to say that a 4 dimension cannot exist. (Since hyperspace theory or Superstring theory base itself on a 4th Dimension).

So...for this reason since we live in a 3D world, it is possible that there are universes that are based upon a 4D World.

Although this is only theory.

The forth dimension of time and the 3 dimensions of the physical universe leave many avenues of technology in need of further investigation. That said, only the evolution of the human species might put it all together some day. It's all the flat-landers that will inhibit the process.

there are 11 dimensions in the univers - 10 mesaurements and 1 time, i think the 11th is a tunnel a few micros wide and infinitly long,

as for the hyper drive - i think its easier to bend space (be much quicker) its very simple

Originally posted by Tony2005

as for the hyper drive - i think its easier to bend space (be much quicker) its very simple

Very simple ?!

Bend space? You mean like a spacefold? I have seen a spacefold in Macross when the SDF-1 engaged in spacefold and appeared near Pluto. I thought hyperspace is similar to light-speed or warp speed. One more thing, can a human body tolerate hyperspace? This question is the only thing that nobody can confirm or answer because we don't even have a hyperdrive yet for experimenting. I think we're forever stuck on this planet.

Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

We are not stucked on this planet!!

What about December 1903 when two young men flew for the first time.
    Before that, nobody thought that men could fly.

It might not be our generation for sure, but in a few decades technology will be at a level that it might answer some unsure question we have today.

Just wait.

But will there be ultra-extremists that will stop us from creating new and advanced technologies? As our civilization gets more modern and advanced, there are people who believe that humanity should stay on Earth and remain in the Dark Ages. These people are ultra-religious and ultra-fundamentalists. I just hope our descendants know how to deal with them so that everyone can benefit from the hyperspace theory.

Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

lol i was joking about being very simple, but it is possible

imagine 2 points in space -
    1st is where u are
    2nd is where u want to be

and they are FAR apart about, 5968797305970597643509287529857037 light years

if u bend the to points round so they meet each other its only step away

Originally posted by cbh
    Bend space? You mean like a spacefold? I have seen a spacefold in Macross when the SDF-1 engaged in spacefold and appeared near Pluto. I thought hyperspace is similar to light-speed or warp speed. One more thing, can a human body tolerate hyperspace? This question is the only thing that nobody can confirm or answer because we don't even have a hyperdrive yet for experimenting. I think we're forever stuck on this planet.

i doubt the human body will take more than a few 100,000 MPH let alone going the speed of light

astronaughts when first leaving earth have the body mass increased 3 times (so if your a fat astronaught - unlucky )

That means we must wear special space suits to limit the side-effects of the hyperspace?
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

must be a multi billion $ suit then - cos as an object increases in speed it also increases in mass (odly enough time for the object slows down)

Originally posted by bshplt
    well, Mathematically there are no reason to say that a 4 dimension cannot exist. (Since hyperspace theory or Superstring theory base itself on a 4th Dimension).

actually the super string theory exists in the 11th dimension - it used to be the 10th but several problems arrose, also the M theros existed in the 11th dimension this 2 had some flaws, after a while they both merged in the the super string theory

Which dimension is suitable for space travel at a shorter time?
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

well the 3rd dimension simply because its there and alot cheaper to build machines to use the 3rd dimension than say 8th-

there are 2 things we could do travel really fast OR Bend space

we could teleport but i read how it works and it isnt very appelaing