Thread: I thought Sysopt was clean!

I thought Sysopt was clean!

I am certain I have my system protected from Spyware and Adware properly. I have good AV protection and a firewall. I used Spybot to immunize my install of Internet Explorer from known adware sites and know spyware programs. I get this error each time I get on sysopt. (see attachment)

What a bummer. I hate this stuff.

Does this bother anybody? How soon will it change from an ad program to a spy program?

Don't get me wrong. I do not mind the ads. I just don't want the software, cookies, etc.. to be put on my PC without my knowledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Mathias

Not sure I understand. Spybot caught it didn't it

yep it did Stevo, he just suprised that sysopt would allow someone who they give add space to, to try and install some ****.

Let me clarify a little bit. The sentece above should have read:

Don't get me wrong. I do not mind the ads. I just don't want the software, cookies, etc.. to be put on my PC without my knowledge as was the case before spybot.

I have used sysopt for a long time and I was always removing this Ad agent. I had no idea it was coming from sysopt. With the latest additions to spybot I immunized as the program had instructed and now I get these windows.

I was only saying I do not want this stuff to be on my PC. It is even worse when it is placed/installed without my knowledge. I thought sysopt was clean from this. At least it is only a tracking cookie.
    -- Mathias

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    I don't know if this is the same place but they do buy email lists, run sweepstakes etc. typical marketing stuff with ads and the whole gamut but more than likely to their own membership or contracts.

http://www.avenuea.com/services/