Thread: whats a healthy temp for a amd xp 2000+ to run at?

whats a healthy temp for a amd xp 2000+ to run at?

mine says 107 degrees Farenhiet.
    that was after it was on for a few days straight, then restarted.

what is too hot?

Mine runs at about 50C normally and often runs like that for days / weeks on end (three weeks is about the most I've run it for without a reboot), I have it set mine to auto-shutdown at 75C, but should apparently work at anything up to about 90C.

My spec is XP1900+ @ 1692Mhz (12.0x141Mhz, 282Mhz FSB, 353Mhz memory), more details avail. if required.

for reference, stock speeds are:
    1900+ @1600Mhz
    2000+ @1667Mhz
    2100+ @1733Mhz
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    L O S T B O K
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2500+ @ 11x200, 1Gb twinX (2-3-2-11), Radeon 9700PRO @ 342Mhz, Raptor74Gb.

I'm sorry, the link I posted before didn't work, so I deleted the thread. Your CPU's maximum operating temperature, according to AMD, is 90ºC. They don't specify it's normal operating temperature, but I wouldn't let it go above 85º C...just in case...

Mine originally ran at or above 60 C.

Then I remove the stock thermal pad and used Coolermaster thermal grease and got down to 35 C minimum with windows open...Usually when the window is closed and the heat is off, it gets to 42 to 49 C. but when the heat is on and the window is closed it stays about 49 but never above 55
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

Well for me it's 28c in my room, 36 in my case with the side off, and the CPU idle is at 45c 50c full load tops. When oc'd to 1800mhz it is 49c idle and 55c full load with case open. When I close the case (right now it is seeming to have a cooling problem) the system temp jumps to 40c and the CPU to 50c idle and 59c full load stock and when oc'd system is 53c and CPU is 57c idle and 64c full load. Never once had it hang or restart either.

Picture worth thousand word..

Athlon 1700XP with CPU Coolmaster FAN|HAC-V81 BASE COPPER AMD/INTEL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aznmask; 03-31-2003 at 10:35 PM.
    Leo

One Thousand One Words

System Temperature

Two 120mm Panasonic Hi-Flo's keep my system running fairly cool. It's an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ running at stock speed with the OEM fan. I just bought it and am waiting for my processor fan to come in before I start overclocking.

The problem with having such large case fans is that they're a real bane to system cleanliness. You would believe how much dust, dirt, and hair (not to mention small animals) end up in my system after a short period of time.

Oh well, have to take the work with the play, right?

Best of luck to you all!

107F is just under 42C. That's a very decent temp, so no need to worry.

Although AMD processors have a max. temp rating of 90C, you won't even be able to reach that temp before the system shuts down.

Temps above 60C will usually start causing weird system problems and over 70C will really start causing problems, such as rebooting or shutting down completely.
    This area reserved for highly intelligent observations.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    My XP2000+ is currently sitting @ 50degs (Full Blast)
    It usually in the 40/42 neighbourhood, But iks kinda warm (unusually) In the UK at the Moment

Now If I was to turn my delta screamer up to full warp 7 I would probably cool down...... But I would not sleep/nor would the cat