Thread: Favorite Morrowind Plugins -- NOT a poll

Favorite Morrowind Plugins -- NOT a poll

Hey, gang.

I'm going to load up Morrowind sometime in the near future (probably once my new processor has arrived) and was looking to get some advice on what plugins are worth playing. I'm sure to load all of the official ones from the Elder Scrolls website, but what unofficial mods are worth playing (and at that rate are stable)? If you chime in, please try to point me in the right direction for finding them.

Thanks in advance.

-Mr. Underhill.

Aww, come on... SOMEBODY must have an opinion... anyone?... Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?....

Never played it.

Don't play any plug-ins until you've gone through once without. Plug-ins are okay I suppose, but they really detract from the game as it was intended to be played upon release.

I've played MW for over 3 months. I've yet to use a plugin, and still haven't finished the main quest. I'm level 50, megazillionare, impressively powerful. I haven't needed the cheating plug-ins where you can buy anything you want. I have considered building myself a house, but I have one in Balmora that I reposessed from a former Orc.

Just apply the patch, and make sure your rig is running perfectly on a system-level. Otherwise you'll spend days in agony, wondering WTF is wrong with the game.

ßeeßlewind

hehe i just built my mansion its badass, im level 49 its great game. Unfortunately im near the end.

If you consider it a plugin or addon or whatever tribunal is good and blood moon is coming out in may.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Thanks for chiming in, folks. I appreciate it.

Beeblequix, good tips. Thanks. Let me ask--do you not even use the "official" plug-ins? I'm not looking for cheats, and if that's what they are, I'll stay away. Can you confirm for me whether they are or not? I was under the impression that they simply added a bit more functionality and some side quests. Is this incorrect?

And as far as making sure my rig is up to spec, I'm on it. My P4 2.4GHz just arrived. I'll have it installed this weekend. I can't wait! With my new Radeon 9700 Pro, it should rock!

Thanks again.

-Mr. Underhill.

Definately get the 1.2.0722 patch. UNLESS you have already installed the Tribunal expansion.
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...es_patches.htm

Here's the link to the Official plug-in page. Hmmm. Now I'm interested in grabbing the Lefemme armour for my femme Breton Archer, Touriette.
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...es_plugins.htm

The helm quest looks good, so does the Seige at Firemoth. Methinks I'll get them later today. These official plugins are probably acceptable. I don't think I'd go for the Adamantium Armor, though, or even the area affect arrows. That makes it too easy. But they don't look like cheats.

You may need hardware/software assistance. Morrowind is probably the BEST game I've encountered to verify that ones rig is purring nicely, or howling in pain. I'm a member over there too, the same beeblequix yesterday, today and forever.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthrea...at=&Board=tech

ßeeßle Qµ!x

Thanks, Beeblequix. I appreciate the reply and info.

Hey, just out of curiosity, what's your set up on your machine?

I'm running (or will be after this weekend):

P4 2.4GHz
    MSI 645 Ultra MOBO w/ 450 Watt PS
    1024MB DDR
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Audigy Gamer
    40GB Seagate 7200RPM

But I'm at a crossroads for my OS, which I'm upgrading from Windows 98SE. I'm thinking of XP Home. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

-Mr. Underhill.
    Last edited by Mr. Underhill; 03-28-2003 at 10:45 PM.

The "quest" aren't all that much of anything. The hardest part of each one is just getting to where you need to be, then you basically just breeze through the actual quest.

In general (I don't know about the add-on as I never go it), but by level 10 to 20, if you are still dying, you've placed your points wrong. At level 60 I could take on several Dremora Lords, and a couple Golden Saints at once and I would be only at maybe half my health by the time I was done with them. The only way to make the game a challenge is to play just the main quest, but you really don't gain enough levels to fight your main enemies (as there is one other if you continue playing after the "end," and he can take a level 60+ warrior, thief, or mage and wipe the floor with him unless you use a certain weapon and only that weapon (or it's effect I should say) - then it becomes VERY easy.

My setup consists of:

Athlon XP 2200+
    Asus A7N266-C
    MSI Geforce 4 ti 4600
    (2) WD 40GB 7200rpm hard drives
    256 Meg PC2100 @cas 2.0
    Windows 98se on the first drive
    Windows XP SP1 on the second
    Soundblaster Live! Platinum 5.1
    Creative Inspire 5200 5.1 speakers
    17" & 15" CRT's
    M$ Optical Wheelmouse
    and other stuff...

With the low amount of memory I have, 98 has proved to be far superior for Morrowind than XP, though things change regarding other games (MW just takes so many resources as does XP).

My thoughts about your rig would be that either XP or 98se would be fine for MW. XP is nice, and if I had more RAM I'd still play MW on it. I have significantly less Crash To Desktops on 98 than XP. You won't notice any difference between them, except XP is stable enough to leave of for days on end. But I never do. I'd rather save on my electrical bill.

I use the open endedness of gameplay in MW to the extreme. I basicly wander around, making money, looting places, gaining levels, making *COOL* enchantments, "collecting" stuff, taking screenshots of Touriette....great game.

Anyone know of a place to take on dozens of Golden Saints and Dremoras at the same time? Hehehehehe. That's when my enchanted Amultet of @sskicking or Shocker Ring of Phu-Q would come in handy. KA-BOOM!!!

A cave btw a vampire layer that's in Dwarven ruins (the northen ones as their are two in the pass (which you have to fly over some way to reach their entrances unless you don't take the canyon - it's in an area with ash storms in the north, slightly northwest at the end of the canyon) and the camp you have to go to as part of the main quest can pulled up 3 Dremora Lords and two Golden Saints, though I was at a high level, and it is somewhat random. To top it off you have to get out of water and the Dremora Lords are already blasting you with fireballs. That's the most I've ever seen come at me - and at the level I was at I only dropped to about half my life. I've gone their before at lower levels, and maybe close to equal and only gotten maybe a Dremora Lord and a Golden Saint most of the time. So their is some randomness (lucky or unlucky depending on your class and level) to it. Though most high level monsters don't appear until after x levels.

If you've reached the Deadric ruins, you've just missed it, you should be travelling north, northeast from the Dwarven ruins.

Is the add-on worth getting?

What exactly new is in it and especially, have they fixed that damned buy sell interface that takes years to use?

Want to take on lots of Golden Saints, get scrolls and summon them, take a portal back to where you can buy them (forgot which one, it's been awhile) then buy two more. You can't take their equipment unless you click on them REALLY fast, even then half the time it generates an error which will lock or crash the game.

I could make a spot on the map for you that's loaded with them with the editor, I just have to install it again and refresh my memory on how it works again.
    Last edited by Someone Stupid; 03-28-2003 at 06:04 PM.

SomeoneStupid,

The area you're describing sounds like it's east of Khuul, north of Gnaar Mok, and west of the Urshilaku camp. Yeah, I've been there. I must have been there ~25 levels or more ago. I remember the ~2-3 fire shooting Dremoras and the 1 Golden Saint inside that vault where all the cute littl' daggers and booty are.

They're only a memory now. Seems I got a book in there too with notes about the vault, and their hopes of becoming powerful from getting the booty. I distinctly remember soultrappping that GS, and it's soul's now powering one of my super-d00per pieces of jewelry.

I haven't got Tribunal yet, but I actually plan on getting it this summer for my birthday.

I'll have to invest some gold pieces in a Summon Golden Saint enchanted ring. Then I could feed my Star of Azura to my heart's content. Plus GS's would make fine employees.

I've noticed my CTD usually happen when I'm doing something cpu intensive like battle, while journeying into a cell I haven't loaded previously. I'm actually pretty lucky -- only about 1 crash in two weeks.

ß