Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Advice from the More Experienced -- Win2K or XP

check out this thread from past, should take care of any tweaking questions. been perusing it myself after upgrading to pro yesterday. so far, so good

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=132683

No hype

No hype at all, just the facts, my info was to help who wants it that is all. I would rather get my settings and tweaks from the source vs another hacker. I do admit some out there are very good whiles others make a big mess of it. I'll stick to my guns, Home version is far smooooother than the troubled Pro. For the person who asked about SP1 do download it for the Home vs, but the Pro leave it alone and only download the single updates per what you need. I have two systems running on Pro as we speak, one with SP1 and the other without. No hype the one without I have no problems so far.
    What is hype in the XP world is when someone says they haven't had any problems with their vs of Pro, this is not possible as we all know at Microsoft

For thespider

Um i just pmed you my settings days ago. Can i you send me the settings and btw another info, i use my computer for games and for studies. thanks

vince

Re: For thespider

Originally posted by vince_m_f
    Um i just pmed you my settings days ago. Can i you send me the settings and btw another info, i use my computer for games and for studies. thanks vince
    I did then same with no Response.

Looks like the spider is more like a flea?

depending on the amount of RAM you have, if you have 256mb or more, i would choose XP. My friend with An integrated S3 graphics chip and 128mb of ram had a major increase in performance when he switched from the pre installed xp home to 2k. I guess you can say it has better memory management.