Thread: Epox 8RDA+ nForce2

Epox 8RDA+ nForce2

Hi,
    just want to know if any recomends me the: Epox 8RDA+ with nforce 2 chipset.

the other option is MSI with the nForce 2, bou not Abit nor Asus.

What do u recomend me?????

thanx

Gone
    Hmmm THe ASUS. Hehe just kidding. Anyhow why not asus? Epox and Asus are #1 in this market of enthusiests. If you are refering to the issues the Asus A7N8X has well be ready. All the nforce2 boards have very similar issues as they are all the same chipset. Do some research you will see. Also check AMD's website for recomended mobos. THe only nforce2 AMD approved is the Asus cause it has REAL thermal protection to keep the cpu from burning up like Toms H site did on that video. Use any other nforce2 board and AMD voids your warrenty on your cpu. I know I went through all this before getting my Asus nforce2 mobo.

Ultimate Member
    The A7n8x is probably better if you dont wanan do any o/c'ing, however the 8rda+ is a screamer for o/c. Also, dont let p4 scare you, the 8rda+ DOES have thermal protection, its just not recognised as official, does the same thing though.

--Jakk

As Epox's official support service claims, the 8RDA+ indeed features a hardware protection against overheat that starts up at 110 C
    ..sumink i just pulled offa google

ok, the think is, where i live, the epox is 40 bucks cheeper than the asus an di dont have that much money!!!!!

So, do u recomend me the epox?????

The Epox 8RDA+ comes highly recommended, and if $40 less its a deal.

Ultimate Member
    The Epox 8RDA+ comes highly recommended, and if $40 less its a deal.
    Zigackly!

--Jakk

Ultimate Member
    Clarification for the 8RDA+

The CPU overheat protection circuit polls from the CPU's internal diode, so no one need worry there. The BIOS temperatures that you see, however, come from the insocket thermistor.

It's probably the same on the Asus A7N8X.

Definitely go for the 8RDA+. It can overclock higher too.

As Epox's official support service claims, the 8RDA+ indeed features a hardware protection against overheat that starts up at 110 C
    Um wouldnt the chip allready past the burnt point a 110c is allot of heat. Guestamating thats around 220 F ,the limit for AMD is 90C. Ask ureself what u need and wut u dont both boards are great for some reason i belive sysopt assumes everyone is overclocking. May or not be true but in Asus defence anything past wut the Asus ofers in terms of overclocking is dangerous, AND Will seriously limit the life of ure components. Unless u plan on goin with some serious cooling.
    Last edited by BiG MiKeY; 03-22-2003 at 05:33 AM.

Never mind seems like he decided. Hmm 40$ cheaper. you shure ure not getting the 8rda W/o the +. there is a diffrence u know.