Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WHAT's NEXT AFTER XP?

WHAT's NEXT AFTER XP?

What can we expect after XP, name, screenshots, any informtion on Microsoft's next operating system.
    Just curious!

Ultimate Member

After XP......

Ummm.... maybe XQ

for me it will be some form of Linux. I am fed up to the back teeth of M$ and it's "control everything" policy. XP is my last M$ OS. I refuse to play ball any longer.

Ah Shucks You Know....A quicker loading, faster, more reliable, easier to use new operating system....guaranteed
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

Ultimate Member
    If the prayers are answered linux with a decent API for gaming and PnP to rival M$ (although having said that Xandros has already achieved the latter on Linux)

--Jakk

Banned
    If the prayers are answered linux with a decent API for gaming and PnP to rival M$ (although having said that Xandros has already achieved the latter on Linux)
    Not unless it does something called run top quality do something software of macromedia, adobe others quality. Screw the OS it is software, software, software, software, software, software, software, software and software. You can't do a **** thing without software. Windows runs the best software even free software then Linux does.

Something over-priced and over-estimated
    ''I like violence and boobs, therefore am mature''

ummmm its called longhorn..... i'm surprised no one knew that... either that or you were tryinng to answer somethign that wasnt tehre.... the betas are already out..... now the offical name when its realeased i'm not sure. all i know is longhorn is a bar at whistle, BC, Canada(and whistler is the code name for XP), and there was one more name from there they used, apparently cause all the employes from ms know whistler well so thats where they get a lot of there "code" names. kinda makes me proud to be from bc

I think they were answering what's next for them, or what's the next big thing, rather than what's next from M$. "Longhorn", which I think will be ".Net", is well-known around these parts.

Windows RRG.

And I repeat.

Me believe Longhorn is slang for male genitalia. Which is exactly what M$ will be slamming up the collective rectums of PC users when it comes out.
    Longhorn means that whatever computer it comes installed on will become the property of M$ and that anybody who uses it better be a good little well behaved user as Bill G see's it or you'll be grounded from using your own PC.
    I mean whats the justice dept. gonna do this time ?, slap Billy boy on his pee-pee again. He doesnt care, he already has more $$$ than most other countries.

It's called Big Brother Bill and 1984 comes true, unless Linux becomes a very viable option

Originally posted by bushmaster
    And I repeat.

Me believe Longhorn is slang for male genitalia. Which is exactly what M$ will be slamming up the collective rectums of PC users when it comes out.
    Longhorn means that whatever computer it comes installed on will become the property of M$ and that anybody who uses it better be a good little well behaved user as Bill G see's it or you'll be grounded from using your own PC.
    I mean whats the justice dept. gonna do this time ?, slap Billy boy on his pee-pee again. He doesnt care, he already has more $$$ than most other countries.
    Is it really going to be that bad? I haven't read much on it so I'm not in the know. But everyone and their brother collects personal info on you; your banks, credit card co., even your local grocery store have more personal info on you than XP does. Your IP logs every site you visit; most anonomisers are not anonymous, or they collect info on you; you have to shred most of your snail mail to avoid identity theft etc. etc. If what you describe is true, the next MS OS will not be very successfull.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by bushmaster
    And I repeat.
    Me believe Longhorn is slang for male genitalia....
    Y'all from Bethel, NY ain't 'tall familiar with Texas, are ya?

Moo... mooo... I love you...

Windows XP SE
    -Y.I