Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sysopt giving me too much problem

Sysopt giving me too much problem

Every time I go to www.sysopt.com it take forever to load the page. Once I'm in and type in my password for my account, it appears that i successfully logged on. But once I click on something to reply. It said I am not logged in.

I used IE 6.0 with Window XP home SP1. I don't have any cookies restricted for Sysopt.com.

Have anyone been experiencing this problem? Got a soultion?
    Last edited by Witch-Talon; 03-13-2003 at 03:10 PM.

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Viewing is sort of okay but posting is quite slow, I'd give a day or two see if servers come back to normal.

Welcome to the club.

http://sysopt.com/forum/showthread.p...hreadid=132808

As far as logging is concerned, I have no clue.

Bill

It took almost 5 minutes to post this.
    I don't want to go off on a rant here but,....

It might not be so bad if there were not SO MANY ADS!!!

I started experiencing the slow down 3 or so days ago. I have a full T1 line (1.54 Mbps - 170KB or more a second) I think there is something going on st sysopt.com causing the slowdown.
    -- Mathias

its ok now but was terrible sometime back...but its now happennin more frequent...whats going on?

Things to consider.
    How many people are browsing this site at the same time?
    How many people are on your ISP?
    How many people within a few miles of you are on the same type of connection?

And if you don't want the ads to pop-up, use a firewall or a pop-up blocker (such as pop-up stopper or ad-aware).

I'm not having any problems, and I'm on cable. Not even using a pop-up blocker.

Forgot to add this.
    Empty your Temporary Internet Files folder and your Cookies folder. You can use a program such as Internet Sweeper or Spider Bite for this. Or do it manually. And Boot to a Dos prompt using a boot floppy and delete the index.dat file in Temporary Internet Files. Spider Bite will do this also.

It took 2.8 seconds for me to log in,and 2.2 seconds to post this. I'm on cable and this was done with a mozilla based browser.

it's pretty good now. I got NIS 2003 stopping the blocks, but for the past two days it was slow. and even they are thousands with my ISP. I have DSL, so no bandwith sharing.

my temp internet folder is only 50 MB and is deleted everytime i close out explorer. i only browse about same five sites so very few cookies. just downloaded red hat linux disc one at 80 KB/S. sysopt has been slow for me for two or three days

maybe thats good, lots more questions to answer from lots more noobs

Originally posted by gjimene2
    it's pretty good now. I got NIS 2003 stopping the blocks, but for the past two days it was slow. and even they are thousands with my ISP. I have DSL, so no bandwith sharing.
    What's the problem with bandwidth sharing? Even at it's slowest, my cable connection is at least twice as fast as dsl is here.

bandwith sharing okay, not sure of rules

was going to get cable myself but from what i read they check to see if you have multiple computers sharing connection (wouldnt suprise me, been doing this with tv's for long time)

dsl doesnt seem to care, been logging between 4 and 7 computers on at a time for 6 months now. also, they give 20 free hours of dialup with the dsl account, nice for at work checking of e-mail and sysopt

No limit on how many computers you have sharing a connection through a router. Dsl has bandwidth limits of only 1 or 2 GB. then you get charged extra. Cable has not told me I have any limits, but I have heard it is 10 GB. When I had DSL, I could only download at 120 KB/s and now that I have cable, I can download three files at a time at that speed.

was going to get cable myself but from what i read they check to see if you have multiple computers sharing connection
    With a cable router they don't know. Opt seems to be running fast at the moment!

Bill
    I don't want to go off on a rant here but,....