Thread: 9700 Pro vs AIW 9700 Pro

9700 Pro vs AIW 9700 Pro

Any differences apart from the obvious? Is the AIW slower than regular because of the extra stuff it does?

I don't how the card will be slower than the non-AIW version because it running at the same GPU/memory speed.

http://www.ati.com/products/pc/aiw9700pro/faq.html#11

Link tells you this so if your wanting to game then you should be getting the same performance as the 9700PRO.
    You won't be using the Tv/Video editing /etc if your gaming so these will not be getting used so you should get the full performance of the card for gaming.

T

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...,709171,00.asp

Would the AIW card be a better purchase than a Radeon 9700 Pro + TV Card?

Could someone also explain what the Radeon AIW 9700 outputs are from left to right and what capabilities each has?

I dunno....the connectors are a coaxial, a DV-I, and I think an s-video, (not in order). I'd think it would be better to have everything on one card, but I'm out on the differences of the AIW and the regular 9700 pro.

I think that white connector on the right is for lcd displays. It won't work on crt monitors

That white connector (DVI) on the right is for LCD displays. And you can use CRT on it if u have an adapter. Unless the board doesn't support it.

Acording to www.allstarshop.com the Radoen 9700 pro AIW 128 mb does contain an DVI to VGA adapter.

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/prod...1EXMVG251K6TL3

Originally posted by Bizkitkid2001
    I think that white connector on the right is for lcd displays. It won't work on crt monitors
    Last edited by Witch-Talon; 03-10-2003 at 02:29 PM.

Ok, didn't know about the adapter.

They Always Comes included if you Buy

"Build By ATI" models, if not, then well, you are... erh... on your own, and need to find an adapter or use a LCD

they have been doing that since 8500

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

So i'm right in saying the 8500 and above don't use a CRT as standard. I didn't think CRT's were so outdated that graphic's cards didn't support them out of box.

No, they still do. The all in wonder is different - since DVI-I connectors can support either LCDs or CRTs (with the adapter), and the all in wonders need as much room as possible for all the input/outputs, they only have that one connector... regular radeons still have both the 15 pin D-sub (CRT) adapter and DVI or DVI-I connectors.

The major differences between all in wonders and regular radeons are video INputs, software, and about $100. And a few less significant bells and whistles. Do much digital video editing?

Keep in mind, you can use the DVI to VGA adapters on DVI-I connectors ONLY. Those adapters don't fit plain old DVI connectors. So my Radeon 8500 LE's DVI connector is useless without an LCD (even though the place I bought it from used the "optional DVI to VGA adapter +$7" as a selling point... talk about false advertising).

DVI-I = gooood
    DVI = baaaad

Cheers man, thanks for the informative reply.