Thread: general time-frame for R350

general time-frame for R350

just wondering when the succesor to the Radeon 9700 Pro is supposed to be out. i'm still debating here whether or not to go ahead and use my RMA'd gf4ti money to get a 9700pro or wait until the R350 comes out. any suggestions? i feel like my computer is castrated over here being on a gf2ti and all. thanks in advance.

We'll probably see the specs for R350 just about the time the GfFX hits store shelves. Say in the next 3 weeks to a month. The card itself should follow no later than two months after that.

That's a guess but seems to be most likely from what I've heard around the net.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

From what I've heard, the R350 will be shown at CeBIT late this february and that the card should be out in early march. This is from www.theinquirer.net. Apparently from the article, the cards are already in production. If I were you, I'd wait for the R9900 to come out, either buy it or get the then cheaper R9700Pro. I'm waiting for the R9900 to come out to pick up a new 9700Pro at a cheaper price. That's my few cents.

waiting for the R9900 to come out was what i was leaning more towards. any ideas though on how much the R9700 Pro will come down in price? spending $300 is nothing to sneeze at. (for me at least...) when i buy this next vid-card of mine, i want to be sure that it will last for at least a year without becoming "old".