Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: POST YOUR 3DMARK 2003 SCORES HERE!!!!

it's not too bad, it runs to just over 40 i think. just that strange prog by cronosoft killed my cpu lol.

Brand new, freshly built CPU with Liquid cooling and overclocking

Pent4 3.0 Ghz 800mhz FSB
    1GB of 3200DDR Ram
    Nvidia GeForceFX 5900
    hell of a lot of money...

=-P
    Last edited by zeebo; 07-03-2003 at 04:47 PM.

score seems a little unrealistic when i've seen a watercooled 5ghz machine only reach about 19-20k

screenshots?

Last Post/Settings for benchmark

Sounds like a scorcher on that last post/score lol Yea like DJ said, give us screen shots of that one.

BTW For any one getting low scores--

I went into Direct 3d settings for the video card before running my bench mark, and set every thing to performance, not quality. I would assume since we are running bench marks, and want to see what is our best score is, that is what we should be doing correct??

My best score was 4605 at these performance settings. I ran with a mix of performance/quality settings, and my score was about 30% lower.--RH--

PS I did not see much difference in quality watching these bench marks at the different video settings, it still looked pretty darn good at the performance settings. Sure would like to buy a flight simulator game like what is in that bench mark, hope they release something like that in the future.

Question for DJ/Rugor

Question concerning trying to get bench mark to run faster.

Asus P4PE
    Intel 2.4b c1 stepping

I can run bench with the Asus 1002 bios and over clock to 3204mhz. (great--no complaint here)

I thought maybe the updated bios would make an improvement, which is version 1005. It would not boot with the same bios settings that gave me 3204 mhz(which was 174fsb, and a one notcj jump in cpu core v and mem v). In fact. I was down to 2808mhz, and it would boot, but no sound(onboard sound).

The Asus site says the update for the 1005 is only concerning the d1 stepping cpu(which I think is the hyperthreading and faster fsb). Any one have a clue as to what is going on. I repeated this two times, as I could not believe what was happening??? It boots with the new bios settings just fine at standard 2400mhz settings??

the d1 stepping bios is optimised for my chip, the p4-2.4c and others in the same range as they all have d1 stepping now. since the change is not actually compatible with your stepping, it's probably that which has adversely affected your performance.

i'm not sure if you can revert to your old bios?

DJ

I know it supports the D1 stepping, I was just looking for an improvement. I would have thought ASUS would have put a warning not to download unless you have the new cpu, as there would be a performance loss instead of a gain.

No problem flashing back to my old Bios, I have done it quite a few times now. Just trying to get every last bit of performance out of this thing lol. I always make sure I have a copy of the bios that came with the mobo/video card before making any sort of major changes like that.

Thanks for the reply DJ

--RH--

no worries, but if it makes you feel better you are running faster bench's than my current config clocked to 3.34ghz, with graphics clock to 357 and mem clock to 305. Not sure how much further I can push it.... memory is DEFINATELY bottlenecking, my p3 vaio laptop with 512mb sdram runs a3 pages in photoshop much more comfortably than this thing right now.... grrr

I think i might have to check if there are any updates for my mb too, see if i can squeeze a little more lol.

DJ

DJ

That cpu you have is an overclocking monster man(that is a 2.4c right). If so you are getting about 100mhz more then me. I have not tried any thing on memory timing or any thing, just jumped the fsb up, and one notch up on the mem/cpu. Can you point me in the right direction on overclocking the memory, since the fsb is as high as I can get it(before rebooting). Like I said in another post, I went into the video settings, and turned quality down, performance up for the 3dMark03.

On my final run, I also disabled ASUS probe, which gave me a few extra points(I knew from the runs before, that the temp did not go above 49-50, thanks to the spark-7 smart fan). There probably is a lot to the memory overclocking, but I have not run into any articles that explain how to do it correctly(at least with my limited knowledge(maybe I did not understand what they were trying to get across).

I had at one time, two ATI 9500pro boards at one time. One would not o/c much at all, and the one I have does pretty good. I flashed the bios back to origional and returned the one.

Thanks for any information you may be able to give me -RH-

3D Mark Score/Question

Best Score=4618
    intel 2.4b@3240mhz
    Crucial 512 pc2700
    ASUS P4PE/onboard sound
    cpu vcore=1.700v
    DDR=2.90v
    AGP VDDQ=1.6v
    9500Pro(Bios flashed for o/c) 382.50 core 310.50mem
    FSB=180

I noticed my computer ran all tests except for the one sound test that has like 60 sounds or something(I guess mobo can't handle it). Does that help/hurt/or does't matter as far as score goes --any one know??

I think you've more or less squeezed all the power out of your machine dude. You graphics frequencies are really high, my non pro couldnt reach that high lol.

My memory is bottlenecking, but I havent touched mem or cpu vcore. Only FSB. My memory bandwidth is only half as fast as downstairs where the bandwidth is 6000mb/s, up here it's only 3000mb/s. Big slowdown.

Benchmark of this machine:

p4-3.38ghz o/c
    fsb = 280 (1120)
    256mb corsair xms3500 (only one stick)
    performance = turbo
    using enhanced memory latency timings.
    radeon 9500 non-pro 64mb
    graphics core = 360
    graphics mem = 305

i'll try and push it properly today and see if i can beat that.

The machine downstairs is running

p4-3.14 o/c
    2x256 corsair xms3200ll in dual channel
    radeon 9700 non pro
    graphcis core clocked to 390
    graphics mem clocked to 330

2001 score - 16200
    2003 score - 5200

DJ

Yea, I think your are right, as I am on the hairy edge. Getting some artifacts when running the bench. You want to hear something funny. I can only run 2 out of 3 sound tests with the onboard mobo. I just put a Sound Blaster Live Dolby Digital in this system(from another system I have), to see if it made a difference. Guess what, the SB Live ran zero out of three tests. I could not find any DX9 drivers for the SB either.

I got my computer to just over 3300mhz, but it would not make it through the bench. 3200mhz is the best it gets. Still can not complain though, I got my moneys worth.--RH--

Ultimate Member
    I have s SBAudigy2 w/ DX9 and it can only run 2 of 3 sound tests!

i reckon if u managed to run the third test u would get quite a few more points... what hope have we got if the audigy 2 cant even handle it??!?!?

The onboard sound with these top end asus boards is awesome!

i had artefacts too when i was running graphics too high so thats why clock came down to 360. can go higher but just looks ugly.

The Sound Tests

Has any one been able to run all three sound tests??