• RockFord

0 0%
  • Infinity

0 0%
  • MTX Audio

0 0%
  • Alpine

0 0%
  • Other (pleasse Specify, I Know I Missed Alot Of Brands)

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car Audio

Originally posted by KraZy_SkitZy

I'm not big on Infinity, cause they only excel in bass, when you have subs, there is no need for more bass (unless bass is all you want), and my friend has a pair of 4 1/2 infinity's and I personally wasn't to impressed with them, very poor sound clarity. Infinity's aren't worht their high price ether.... I'd go for Rockford speakers before Infinity though, but RockFords always seem to require a very deep mounting depth which alot of people don't have if their are using their stock speaker mounts....
    dont know which infinity your friend had. There are levels in every company, especially speakers of their high lines that arent found in a circuit city or best buy. Just look at JBL most of their stuff is **** but they also have a pro series sub which are very good.

Pics of your setups? You must have something on sounddomain.com
    Last edited by BadBadNeil; 02-02-2003 at 05:23 PM.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Originally posted by BadBadNeil

dont know which infinity your friend had. There are levels in every company, especially speakers of their high lines that arent found in a circuit city or best buy. Just look at JBL most of their stuff is **** but they also have a pro series sub which are very good.

Pics of your setups? You must have something on sounddomain.com
    Well, If I had a digital camera or a scanner I'd get some pics. Basically, my deck is in a little center console behind my "Stick Shifter" My 2 4' 2way speakers are in the stiock mount kickpanel (lower corner of cab, by the clutch), 6x9's are in sealed boxes, hiding under my kickseats, and my subs are in their wedge boxes facing up, angled towards the front of the cab, laying on my left and right kick seats, (these are 2 boxes not just 1 attached) and my amp is hiding under my sub boxes in the center-rear of my truck between my 6x9' with tons of space for air for the AMP to breath, I'll try and find a way to get pictures...

As for sounddomain.com, never heard of it..

My friends 4 1/2' infinity's are supposedly 130watt a piece, and I find all they have to offer is bass and distortion at mid volumes..
    Last edited by KraZy_SkitZy; 02-02-2003 at 06:01 PM.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Well it has a Clarion 6 disk changer in the boot/Trunk however I have no idea who made the head unit it just says "Nissan"
    I guess I could go out in the driving wind & rain & find out the Model number..................................... Yeah Righto'

Originally posted by KraZy_SkitZy

Well, If I had a digital camera or a scanner I'd get some pics. Basically, my deck is in a little center console behind my "Stick Shifter" My 2 4' 2way speakers are in the stiock mount kickpanel (lower corner of cab, by the clutch), 6x9's are in sealed boxes, hiding under my kickseats, and my subs are in their wedge boxes facing up, angled towards the front of the cab, laying on my left and right kick seats, (these are 2 boxes not just 1 attached) and my amp is hiding under my sub boxes in the center-rear of my truck between my 6x9' with tons of space for air for the AMP to breath, I'll try and find a way to get pictures...

As for sounddomain.com, never heard of it..

My friends 4 1/2' infinity's are supposedly 130watt a piece, and I find all they have to offer is bass and distortion at mid volumes..
    sounddomain is a place where ppl show off all their car audio installs. You can search by car there and seee pictures n stuff. Each person has their own page. Lots of ppl use it.

As for the 4 1/2" speaker, thats probably it. Those are some SMALL speakers. I would never use anything less than a 6 1/2" speaker in any car I had.

I think those speakers he has probably need a good amp going to them with clean power and with a crossover to get rid of any bass on them.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

That's because the Infinities are meant to be ran off an amp with a high pass crossover. For a 4 inch speaker with a 12 to 18 db curve I'd set it around 200 to 300 Hz high pass. You need a strong amp to power Infinities, Kappa's definantly as if you don't all you'll hear is just what you heard, static. The only pair of four inch speakers I have are part of a 3 piece component set. The 6.5" speakers put out the mid bass, the 4 is the midrange, and the tweeter is the highs. They all have 24 db crossovers btw each speaker in the set. Even 6.5 inch speakers aren't good bass speakers, they are excellent midbass speakers, that is why people use subwoofers. You high pass the signal to all but your sub, which should be low passed, you dabble with the gain, crossover steepness, etc. to get a smooth sound. Just a 4" by itself is going to sound nasty.

Jus thought I'd bump this up, see what ppl have these days

I got sum new stuff an made a sound domain page http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...4&cat=20&val=1

" Soundstream Rules"!
    Awesome amps.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Well, I don't have a system yet, but when I get the money, this is what I am thinking of getting

Subwoofers:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat03081

Great sounding speakers for a small price, my friend has a set of these in his car and they punch hard, while not distorting.

OR

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat03081

But thats if I become rich or somthing, cause I'll have to get a high performance alternator installed on my truck to power the amp needed for these speakers. But they are worth it, my other friend has the 500watt versions installed in his Camry, and he has to tie down the trunk so it doesn't open while he plays his music.

Speakers:
    Umm don't know the exact model number, but I want some 6x9 infinity or Pioneer speakers.

Amps:
    Probably a 400watt amp for the car speakers.

A 1000 or 1500 watt amp for the DUAL subs.

A 3500-4000watt amp for the power acoustik subs.