Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: C & C: Generals

Re: cbh

Originally posted by AllGamer
    i have told you prenty of times already

Your system is not configured properly

mostlikely too many hardware on the same IRQ

Then do you know how to resolve the IRQ overload problem? I basically do not know about the internal workings of my PC. Wat is IRQ?
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Originally posted by hoodedrat
    yeah, that was what the patch said, blue screen crashes or just a crash where it says "serious error" i was having that problem as well until i installed the latest 4 in 1 drivers and i played 4 hours straight w/o a crash
    Where do I download the necessary patch?
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

i dunno where you would get the patch, I just joined the online server and it auto updates

I checked out the Generals web page (EA one) and the technical staff did not explain the purposes of the three patches. There are 3 patches to download. There are two ways to download and yours is one of them. Mine is to download the three patches becos I have uninstalled the game.

Can someone help me to find a web page that will explain the purposes of the patches?
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

when you download the patch it tells you what they did, sheesh just install the game and download them when connecting to the server

Originally posted by cbh
    I checked out the Generals web page (EA one) and the technical staff did not explain the purposes of the three patches. There are 3 patches to download. There are two ways to download and yours is one of them. Mine is to download the three patches becos I have uninstalled the game.

Can someone help me to find a web page that will explain the purposes of the patches?
    go here for the 4 in 1 drivers
    http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

One thing is for sure! C&C Generals does not possess cheat codes. Am I correct?
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

i dunno if it has cheats or not, I dont usually look for cheats

Originally posted by cbh
    One thing is for sure! C&C Generals does not possess cheat codes. Am I correct?
    "currently" no cheats published on net.

Ever since I plyed the C & C series, I found out that there are not much cheat codes around. There was once my cousin found a strange cehat code for Red Alert. He had to reconfigure the game files just to activate the codes.

In the end, his Red Alert was corrupted and damaged. Just one stupid code, he wasted his expensive game. He just bought for two weeks and that game appeared in the trash swiftly. So I think the makers of C & C did something to their games to prevent people from cheating.

Either you play fairly or you'll end up like my cousin.

Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Your telling me that instead of just uninstalling/reinstalling the game, he just threw it out?

Well it that case, he deserves to loose all that money.

I agree. I'm betting that he also didn't make copies of the original files before changing them either.

I have played many c&c games allready beat all three levels of generals this game is different from red alert series but kind of along the same basic premis I am not having any trouble with game play what issues are the patches addressing? has been a great game to break in my new rig though I have

AMD Athalon xp2600+
    512 ddr 2700 crucial
    a7n8x mobo
    ti 4200 128 meg graphics card

I meant 'trash' is my cousin's friend. My cousin can't complete Red Alert without cheats so he's fed up tat he gave the game to his friend. There goes eighty-five bucks!
    Give a man a fish
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

well, I'm not impressed.

this game is pretty crappy compared to empire earth or even age of empires. I will admit the graphics are much better but the actual game play is lacking

What do you mean I can't move my army in formation? How about a guard command? lame

you can't command the builders to build more than one thing at a time? lame

you can't have more than one builder building the same building? lame

age and empire earth allow you to put your pieces into formations instead of just 'pack attack'

EE allows you to assign 'patrol' commands to your pieces -->'You tank! drive around this camp and make sure nobody shoots at it.'

I like the modern warfare aspects but it sure misses the whole point of commanding an effective fighting mahine.