Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Original Zelda for NES

Original Zelda for NES

I have Zelda for the NES and recently started playing it again. I have completed the first 8 dungeons but can not find number 9. I also can not find the book. Does anyone remember where these items are?
    -- Mathias

Nevermind, I found the entrance to level 9 and I found out the book is in level 8.
    -- Mathias

the NES what a great console! i have the second Zelda (Adventure of link) never did get far though. life force, megaman and star wars was more my thing. I just liked Zelda's gold cartridge so i bought it.

Did you get the sword in the cemetary yet? That was one of my favorite parts.

I do have everything for the first quest except the book and I have not gone anywhere in level 9 except the first room.

I love the NES. I have been collecting games for it. I have all the Mega Man series and Star Wars, haven'y played Star Wars yet. Beat all the Mega Mans with a friend of mine. I have Zelda Adventure of Link as well.

The only thing that gets me is trying to get the system to recognize the games any more. Put it in turn it off adjust and repeat until Image is there.
    -- Mathias

its funny that you can fit every nintendo game ever made on a cd...

zelda was a classic, except for that awful zelda 2.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Originally posted by BadBadNeil
    zelda was a classic, except for that awful zelda 2.
    It may have been **** BUT it is a gold cartridge which looks so much better than grey.

Funny how the "old" systems are def the best. No 3D, no MHz, no DDR Ram. Just fun.

Zelda, Metriod, Castlevania, River City Ransom, Punch Out, Mario 3...the list could go on and on.

Have most of them and still play them frequently.

I for one loved the second Zelda for nes. The adventure of Link is still one of my favorite games. I could never beat it as a kid and went back a few years ago and bought an nes just to play the game. I beat it alright. It was hard, but it was awesome. I don't get why I am solely the only person who loved that game. Man those nes games bring back awesome nostalgiac memories.................

and those old games are harder than the ones today

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true. Battletoads was one of those games that gave me hell......never did beat it .

Castlevania: Simon's Quest was one of the toughest for me...ahh, the glorious days of Nintentdo Power....would never had guessed to have the blue crystal and kneel next to the cliff face to teleport over. God, I can't believe I remember that.

Originally posted by gjimene2
    and those old games are harder than the ones today
    Some are, some aren't.

Most are because you cannot save the game anywhere and must complete the game, and it becomes so hard when you have one life left and you cannot get past the enemy.

It's cheap, not intelligently hard .

HAHAHA so true. Especially when your foes aren't smart enough to know how to walk around walls. I also had trouble with simons quest. I had to print out a guide to it online to beat it.

Originally posted by NJEnviroguy
    Castlevania: Simon's Quest was one of the toughest for me...ahh, the glorious days of Nintentdo Power....would never had guessed to have the blue crystal and kneel next to the cliff face to teleport over. God, I can't believe I remember that.
    Dont ask me how I remember this but when I beat this game here is my final save: Use it in good health. UFHDF3BWY2VLTTAV

Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com