Thread: ECS K7S5A. NO SOUND!!!!!

ECS K7S5A. NO SOUND!!!!!

I recently upgraded to a K7S5A board,1800xp.Everything was going great, installed everything booted up but there was no sound. I have uninstalled-reinstalled drivers, hardware but this does not solve it. I have enabled onboard sound in the BIOS.Device manager says the speakers are working and they do work on my other system. A friend of mine said that i will need speakers that are amplified as the ones i have are small desktop ones and they won't work. Any ideas.

Thanks.

Dude, sorry to say but I feel sorry for you. I have the same mobo and having lock up problems for over a year now and still havent solved it, only thing that works is if I underclock my cpu. Anyways if you need any help with any type of problem with this mobo, this is the place to look --> http://pub65.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum. Hope that helps.

Ultimate Member
    No need for that. As usual with a LINE OUT connector, you need to go into an amplifier, not directly into speakers. Later K7S5A (those that have the C-Media 4-channel codec) can drive a headset if you switch to that speaker model, but no K7S5A can drive an unamplified set of speakers.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    unamplified speakers Ewwwwwwwwwwww

RE:Sound

Peter.

I Tried headphones and they work although the sound is very low.Looks like i need to invest in some new speakers.

Thanks All.
    Last edited by hardy; 01-14-2003 at 08:51 PM.

Sometimes I think that Peter must just stop in and do a search for K7S5A and jump on all the new ones. He does a good job of helping us wee folk carry the budget banner!
    MS MCP, MCSE

Sometimes I think that Peter must just stop in and do a search for K7S5A and jump on all the new ones. He does a good job of helping us wee folk carry the budget banner!
    Not just the K7S5A, but any ECS / PCChips.

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Aren't they the same company along with amptron and few others?

MS MCP, MCSE

Don't know about the speakers, but lockup/instability probs with this board are very often the result of a cheap/low powered PSU. seems the K7S5As are rather picky in such respects.