Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TBredA... 1.95GHz on air!!

Ultimate Member
    His behavior mirrored it and I'm sure you mods have traced his route.

cV: i take it that was an SDRAM board (the DFI one???)... PC-133 RAM???
    i have only seen one DDR P3 board... so my guess is Great OC dude!
    what ram timings you running?
    just a few questions to see if anything you have done may help me in my quest of even higher FSB with tightest timings.

Ultimate Member
    Yep, it's the DFI board -- only problem, I can't adjust specific timings other than CAS latency. I can adjust the timings for turbo, fast, or normal -- nothing specific. No dimm voltage options either, so in order to get to 166 FSB I had to subtract 33MHz from the memory clock, so everything else is running fast except the RAM. It just seems that with a sub-GHz CPU there is more of a gain from high clock speed instead of a lot of memory bandwidth.

Right now I'm running in "turbo" mode+CL3 for the mem.

Nice pIII oc! I will be working on mine soon (850). Only problem might be the pci clockrate since I only have a 1/3 divider for now. Just need to replace the fans with no molex connectors that I keep breaking

Ultimate Member
    Well good luck. And an update -- the tualatin board came in. Go the 1.3 celly up to 1.6 on the stock cooler. My real goal is 1.79, 133 FSB. That'll take some... work.

I was planning upgrading to XP2400+ but it seems like you peeps were running XP1700+ or 1800+ @2300+/2400+ respectively meaning is not worth it for me to opt for XP2400+ then? Better off getting the XP1800+ T-bred? Would it be safe to run those lower T-bred @AXP2400+ speed 24/7

Ultimate Member
    Well, if you have really good air cooling and a lucky chip, you might be able to hit 2GHz with an XP 1700+ or 1800+. More realistically, for long-term usage I'd recommend running them at 1.85GHz.

Watercooling or better (and a board that supports a 1/5 divider ) is highly reccomended for running the chips like we have been.

hows this cV: - KT133a chipset (ok it wont finish a 3DMark run... but it is still a good speed!)

had to relax all mem timings... and i did a sandra membench on it... same performance as when i have tigh settings and 166 FSB.. so i guess there wont be much of a performance gain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

Waiting on vmod

j/k.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Grentarc
    Watercooling or better (and a board that supports a 1/5 divider ) is highly reccomended for running the chips like we have been.

i cant vmod it for a while, as my computer is kind of critical at the moment.... will do it soon tho....

Ultimate Member
    I'm considering vmodding the EP-3PTA board. 133MHz FSB is just too enticing to me... combined with a 1.73GHz core clock. One of the fastest P6-core CPUs out there. That would seriously kick.

uhh.. .thats gonna be hot! (in more ways than one!)
    what sort of cooling are you going to use on that???

runnig my system at 1.946GHz on 1.85Vcore (162x12) the system was perfectly stable.. but i lost 3DMarks on it.. it only got 11566.. so the 166 FSB is really critical it seems.....
    i would like to see 166 on your system then!!!!

Ultimate Member
    All I want to get is the nice happy 133 FSB, since philantrophist intel locked the multi. And tualatins don't get too hot anyway....dissipating 35W at 1.8GHz.... and besides, I have a sunon fan that can push almost 70CFM when in full mode. Stock intel HSF that's been Dremelized to a Dr. Thermal lookalike design.